My Worst Nightmare Just Came True.

1977Hawkeye

First, Iowa misses the double-bye since neither MSU or Purdue lost down the stretch.

So, Iowa gets paired up with the 12/13 seed. Sure hope they don't lose that game.... Welp, they blew it and lost.

Might want to consider showing up for the Big Ten Tournament one of these years, Hawks.

Enjoy that 8/9 line, guys.

I can't believe this just happened. Reality check, I guess. Life as a Hawkeye fan.

Might want to consider showing up for the Big Ten Tournament one of these years, Hawks.

Yepper. Hawks will be in the NCAA, but one of these years they have to win a friggin' B1G Tourney game. Hard to have any momentum entering the dance when you lose the first conference tourney game year after year.

First, Iowa misses the double-bye since neither MSU or Purdue lost down the stretch.

So, Iowa gets paired up with the 12/13 seed. Sure hope they don't lose that game.... Welp, they blew it and lost.

Enjoy that 8/9 line, guys.

I can't believe this just happened. Reality check, I guess. Life as a Hawkeye fan.

I can. Not surprising in the least.

Pretty sad, exactly what I feared. I feared this game more than Purdue even. Iowa gets Penn State down 11...ELEVEN...in the second half and then completely vanishes. They had a bunch of chances to put them away completely and just turned the ball over time after time.

Really really frustrating. Gonna have to avoid basketball until the selection show sunday night.

Pretty sad, exactly what I feared. I feared this game more than Purdue even. Iowa gets Penn State down 11...ELEVEN...in the second half and then completely vanishes. They had a bunch of chances to put them away completely and just turned the ball over time after time.

Really really frustrating. Gonna have to avoid basketball until the selection show sunday night.

Yep. This team just made me want to NOT watch basketball for a few days, again.

I could've handled a loss to Purdue, but losing to a low seed in the first game of the BTT for the second year in a row makes me want to puke and just put on the Exorcist.

My worst nightmare was in reference to as it relates to this team, for those of me who are taking me literally. Just thought I'd clarify.

I gave away some work and money to clear up my schedule for tomorrow knowing full well when i did it that it would doom us. My bad guys.

They aren't getting an 8/9 seed, because they probably just got a 10 seed. They'd better hope no one on the committee watched this, because if they did they'll be in the play-in game again.

Might be a blessing in disguise really. They're going to work even harder now for the NCAAs after that embarassment and the NCAAs are a much bigger deal than the B1G tournament. Heard them talking all week about how "we know we're a good team" and stuff like that and gave me pause.

That's just it ... had they somehow managed to overcome their own dick-trippin, they would've beat Purdue by 2-digits.

Saw it coming as soon as PSU hit the 13 line. I knew this was probably a couple games past due but kept denying the inevitable. That's what I get for being a Hawk fan and allowing a little optimism to sneak through -- the 2 are just not meant to have a lasting relationship.;)

This lax and discombobulated after 5 days, I can't imagine how jaw-droppingly abysmal they'll look against a competent team after a week off.

Oh, and here's another little nugget to kill the unicorns and butterflies ... Hawks are now 0-fer 4 on neutral floors. Oy Vey!

I gave away some work and money to clear up my schedule for tomorrow knowing full well when i did it that it would doom us. My bad guys.

No worries, I took the Penn St money line just in case this happened so I'm over it. And now for a gambling story that no one cares about, I was doing the same thing at the end of the year last season and cleaned up since Iowa was favored in almost every one of their losses down the stretch. Then I was about even throughout the NCAA tournament and NBA playoffs but put most of what I had in there on the Spurs at +155 to win the Finals after they lost Game 2 at home since I don't bet on baseball and was going to be done betting after the Finals for a while any way. Won that bet and came out with a nice chunk of change to spend over the summer, so every collapse has a bright side.

They aren't getting an 8/9 seed, because they probably just got a 10 seed. They'd better hope no one on the committee watched this, because if they did they'll be in the play-in game again.

They're an 8 or 9 now, no way they drop to a 10. They've still won 6 out of 7. Really, the 2s are going to be as good as the 1s other than Kentucky anyway. So, if we would have stayed a 7 it's no big deal. 6 would have been nice though.

What really sucks is that now, after planning on a weekend watching the BT Tournament, I have nothing to do. I have lost all interest in what happens from here on out.

Latest posts