My video of Iowa Entering Field vs ISU

Who wasn't on the field for the last PSU game. :) Oh, you mean during the game.

Haha true! I was standing on the goal line (in front of the student section) when Murray kick went through. I thought I was going to die. In hindsight I should have lined up on the goal line on the other side during the kick (in front of the visitor's section). That would have been a pretty cool view of the students storming the field!

I usually only get once chance to go to an Iowa game a year and this year am planning on going to the OSU game, this video makes me wish I could get to more games in a year, goosebumps instantly!

I usually only get once chance to go to an Iowa game a year and this year am planning on going to the OSU game, this video makes me wish I could get to more games in a year, goosebumps instantly!

I get to go to 3 games this year.. Iowa State, Penn State, and Ohio State. I get goosebumps as soon as I hit Iowa City because the atmosphere is just amazing. And when you walk inside that stadium and see the field, nothing beats it! Its the best feeling!

There have been Iowa fans that have given me a hard time about not being at games through the years, as if that someone makes me less of a fan, or not qualified to have opinions.

I love being there...yet the logistics with Zabel make the radio broadcast much better in studio. That being said, with several BTN assignments coming this year and hopefully for years to come, I will be at Kinnick regularly.

I still prefer to watch the game on TV from an analytical standpoint...but life is too short to not enjoy that experience.

Heck, I texted my wife a minute after I parked my car and was just walking behind the North endzone stands that I had forgotten how much I loved the atmosphere before a game :)

She shot the message back and said she knew that would be my reaction. Last year, it killed me to not be at the Michigan game when I saw the overhead blimp shot.

This year, I will be at the PSU game...on the field...at night...I can't wait.

I didn't realize you'd been doing that show with Zabel since 2003.

Next thing you'll throw out is that you didn't actually graduate from Iowa!

Can't say I'm not jealous Jon. I love that you at least brought the experience on the Tube for us all to share. I get goosbumps from seeing the entrance to the game like that. There is nothing that compares to the start of an Iowa football game! Nothing!

I took my 9 year old son for the season opener and his first time there. He absolutely loved it and wants to go to all the games. It is a great experience.

Latest posts