My video of Iowa Entering Field vs ISU

Just a question, can anyone go down onto field level, or do you have to have credentials? Probably stupid, but just thought I'd ask

Just a question, can anyone go down onto field level, or do you have to have credentials? Probably stupid, but just thought I'd ask

You have to have a field pass. I have been fortunate enough to have them to a few games over the past couple seasons. Here is a pic from my vantage point. It is the coolest experience ever to be standing on the field and watching the Hawks turn the corner to head down the tunnel into the Stadium. Gave me goosebumps, no joke.

That was a great video Jon! The entrance of our team is one of my favorite parts of the whole experience.

Thanks for the explanation of why you hadn't been there (Kinnick) since 2003! I heard you say that on Sound off later and that surprised me. I was going to start a thread to ask you why. I wore my Hawkeye Nation cap from the Outback Back. Gee...if I'd realized you were there, I could have gotten a Big Ten Network celebrity to sign it!:)

That was a great video Jon! The entrance of our team is one of my favorite parts of the whole experience.

Thanks for the explanation of why you hadn't been there (Kinnick) since 2003! I heard you say that on Sound off later and that surprised me. I was going to start a thread to ask you why. I wore my Hawkeye Nation cap from the Outback Back. Gee...if I'd realized you were there, I could have gotten a Big Ten Network celebrity to sign it!:)

There have been Iowa fans that have given me a hard time about not being at games through the years, as if that someone makes me less of a fan, or not qualified to have opinions.

I love being there...yet the logistics with Zabel make the radio broadcast much better in studio. That being said, with several BTN assignments coming this year and hopefully for years to come, I will be at Kinnick regularly.

I still prefer to watch the game on TV from an analytical standpoint...but life is too short to not enjoy that experience.

Heck, I texted my wife a minute after I parked my car and was just walking behind the North endzone stands that I had forgotten how much I loved the atmosphere before a game :)

She shot the message back and said she knew that would be my reaction. Last year, it killed me to not be at the Michigan game when I saw the overhead blimp shot.

This year, I will be at the PSU game...on the field...at night...I can't wait.

Very cool. Jon, you are living the dream. I'm happy for you.

Don't I know it, each day. And thank you.

I remember stopping Warren Holloway after the Cap One bowl as I saw him jogging off the field to go down the tunnel. I told him he should consider if he had gotten every last ounce out of the post game scene he had wanted, because he would never, ever walk this particular path again...he stopped, looked at me, didnt say a word, then ran over to the stands for another victory lap and people went crazy.

I tell myself that every day right now with what is going on with the BTN and weeks like the one I just lived through. You never know when something will come to an end, so I am enjoying every second of each day. I have always lived like that, but now, all the more.

There have been Iowa fans that have given me a hard time about not being at games through the years, as if that someone makes me less of a fan, or not qualified to have opinions.

I love being there...yet the logistics with Zabel make the radio broadcast much better in studio. That being said, with several BTN assignments coming this year and hopefully for years to come, I will be at Kinnick regularly.

I still prefer to watch the game on TV from an analytical standpoint...but life is too short to not enjoy that experience.

Heck, I texted my wife a minute after I parked my car and was just walking behind the North endzone stands that I had forgotten how much I loved the atmosphere before a game :)

She shot the message back and said she knew that would be my reaction. Last year, it killed me to not be at the Michigan game when I saw the overhead blimp shot.

This year, I will be at the PSU game...on the field...at night...I can't wait.

It will be epic. I was on the field at the last PSU game. Best sports memory of my life. Enjoy it. You are right about these moments and experiences.

Awesome video Jon and congrats on everything happening for you this year.

I was glad to read your comments about the Kinnick atmosphere from 2003 till now. I've been at every home game for the last 8 years so I have been somewhat dulled by the newness of the current traditions. Don't get me wrong, I love pregame at Kinnick. I'm always in my seat 1/2 hour before kick off. I'm just used to it after all these years.

It's cool to hear from someone who hasn't been there in a long while how much better you think it is. Kinnick is an amazing experience for anyone....football fan or not.

On your video...I had to laugh when the team was waiting to "swarm" the field because DJK was so excited he was just kinda dancing around waiting for them to give him the "go" sign. That guy just cracks me up.

Zabel is a legend and all, and I understand the logistical issues. But I do think you lose some perspective watching a game on TV or being in studio. Just saying. Best situation would someone upstairs in a media box with a monitor and someone on field or in the stands close to the coach.

Zabel is a legend and all, and I understand the logistical issues. But I do think you lose some perspective watching a game on TV or being in studio. Just saying. Best situation would someone upstairs in a media box with a monitor and someone on field or in the stands close to the coach.

I have watched games from press box, sidelines and in front of my big screen with DVR....

Big screen with DVR has been the best for me with regards to analyzing a game, because it allows me to nearly memorize it.

Cool stuff Jon. Can't wait to watch the video when I get home and Youtube is no longer blocked.

Latest posts