My thoughts

HawkeyeDenis

Before the season, I picked Iowa to go 10-2. With Iowa scoring near 30 points a game. Some people scoffed at that. Before you think I am blowing my own horn, let me say, that was more wishful thinking as much as real thought.
I felt that with Hockenson would benefit from the increased coverage on Fant. And the wide receivers would benefit from the increased attention on the tight ends.

The two losses I picked were Wisconsin and Penn State. Both obvious picks. Iowa should have won the Wisconsin game. Yesterday I stated that it would be a huge upset if Iowa won in Happy Valley. Today. Not so much. Iowa will go into Happy Valley as an underdog. Maybe between 3-7 points.

Today we saw an offense that decimated a team that has a decent defense. Now granted they aren't a great defense, just a good defense. Six touchdown passes are nothing to sneeze at! But what impressed me, is that I saw the offensive line dominating Indiana's defensive line. It was to the point that Iowa could have beat Indiana on the ground. That is, employing a 70/30 running plan and grinding it out to a 21-16 win.

Like a lot of people I thought there was a good chance Iowa would lose this game. A banged up defense and Iowa's offense would have to win the game. If this is the prelude to next year. Next year is going to be a hell of a year. But before that happens lets enjoy this year.

I agree but I really don't feel great about the Maryland game. Just not a team I care to play. They can throw up points and just wish them and Ruturds never came to the Big!

We are playing very well and we still have some things to clean up. The STs need some work. We struggle with the blitz.
That being said, we are the best team in the West. And, if we develop like we normally do, we could be 11-1 and in the B1G CG.

Maryland is the next problem. But it's at home. That's always a plus. But I agree they are a concern.
Agree. Maryland is what Indiana was. Definition of a trap game. One thing we have learned is, like 2015, Iowa has depth. Can hardly keep up w/ the personnel changes.

Latest posts