My thoughts

burky247

1. We do not have a PG. I hate you Ulis. Gesell's defense today was horrible and I honestly can't understand why he struggles with feeding the post as much as he does. How do you get to this level and not be a master at that?

2. Although Fran recruited all of these guys, they aren't guys that fit the system he wants to employ. I think that is why we see these baffiing lineups. Fran is not a half-court strategist. I think he is confused on how to effectively use this roster. Bottom line is Fran isis out of his depth without an elite PG running his team.

3. People who are calling for Fran's head are crazy. That won't(and shouldn't) happen. Could there be changes within the assistant ranks? Think that is possible, although not likely.

4. Aaron White=dunks and free throws. Not much else. Teams may be figuring out that if you contain our breaks, there is little chance we will outscore you.

5. I tried making my own soft serve ice cream cone for this game but it wasn't the same.

6. Iowa basketball is going to look completely different in 2016. And I for one cannot wait.

Fran has had 5 years to get this thing back on track on a consistent basis. 5 years in college basketball is an absolute LIFETIME. It ain't gonna happen. May as well cut bait now.

#4 was figured out about year ago.....no buckets in transition means Iowa doesn't win.

Fran has had 5 years to get this thing back on track on a consistent basis. 5 years in college basketball is an absolute LIFETIME. It ain't gonna happen. May as well cut bait now.

i agree. How do we know that Lickliter wasn't going to turn things around ? I will tell you how. We watched the games! This is the same thing. We are somewhat better, but frankly not by a significant amount. If you call NIT a great turn around, then I will just watch iowa state and UNI instead. This is sickening and not acceptable. New president= new AD= new basketball coach= new football coach.

It is confounding to watch this team try to play half court offense. Outside of the Michigan game and parts of the Maryland game, this team does not run a half court offense worth a blank. They don't shoot the ball well, they don't feed the post well, they dribble too much. It can be painful to watch sometimes.

1. We do not have a PG. I hate you Ulis. Gesell's defense today was horrible and I honestly can't understand why he struggles with feeding the post as much as he does. How do you get to this level and not be a master at that?

2. Although Fran recruited all of these guys, they aren't guys that fit the system he wants to employ. I think that is why we see these baffiing lineups. Fran is not a half-court strategist. I think he is confused on how to effectively use this roster. Bottom line is Fran isis out of his depth without an elite PG running his team.

3. People who are calling for Fran's head are crazy. That won't(and shouldn't) happen. Could there be changes within the assistant ranks? Think that is possible, although not likely.

4. Aaron White=dunks and free throws. Not much else. Teams may be figuring out that if you contain our breaks, there is little chance we will outscore you.

5. I tried making my own soft serve ice cream cone for this game but it wasn't the same.

6. Iowa basketball is going to look completely different in 2016. And I for one cannot wait.

I agree with your points, but Gesell is not the only one who has problems feeding the post. We have two good passers to a post-up player: Oglesby and Woodbury. They both understand that you can't do it unless you get to the wing and then they both make crisp passes away from the defender. No one else on the team seems to understand that.

i agree. How do we know that Lickliter wasn't going to turn things around ? I will tell you how. We watched the games! This is the same thing. We are somewhat better, but frankly not by a significant amount. If you call NIT a great turn around, then I will just watch iowa state and UNI instead. This is sickening and not acceptable. New president= new AD= new basketball coach= new football coach.

Compared with what Lickliter was doing, the NIT actually *IS* a great turn around.

Latest posts