My Thoughts.

castille

If Penn State wins the National Tournament, it will be done in the consolation rounds. I look at Taylor, Ruth, and Molinaro, to make it to the Semi's. Wright at 184 has to wrestle #3 seed Bennett in the quarterfinals. If he wins, and I don't think he will, he has to wrestle #2 seed, Hamlin in the semi's. I see the Hawks with seven in the quarterfinals and four in the semi's, McDonough, Ramos, StJohn, and Lofthouse. If Marion comes out wrestling against Novachkov, He'll beat him and advance to the semi's. I see consolation points from Telford, Gambrall, and Evans. I didn't mention Minnesota and OkSt. because all you need to do is look at the brackets. If the Hawks go out and wrestle the Hawkeye way, they can win it. Of course, this is just my projections. Anything can happen.;)

I know I'm 62 and just retired but my memory hasn't failed me ,yet. I believe that if Iowa can get seven wrestlers into the quarter finals, and I'm not counting Gambrall, and then get at least four into the Semi's, they can win it. Just my opinion. I've even gone as far as to predict who will be leading after the first round, not including consolations. Includes bonus points.
Minnesota-17
Iowa-15
PennState-15
Anyone staying at the Pear Tree In Union Station?

Latest posts