My Theory

hawkfan1319

When KF gets alot of criticism he abandons his normal ultra conservative approach to games. Then after a week or so when the criticism has died down he reverts back to ultra conservative game strategies and leaves many of us scratching our heads.

I'll agree with you to one extent - contrary to what KFz has tried to claim, he DOES hear the barbs thrown his way. And especially considering some of the people who did so after the Maryland game, one could only hope he was listening, because it was among some of his most ardent supporters and defenders. He also knew that EVERYONE (from him on down) had to do a better job.

We can only hope this is a trend and (unlike the Indiana game) not just a one-game aberration where we go back into "stink mode" the very next game. It is, after all, November.

When KF gets alot of criticism he abandons his normal ultra conservative approach to games. Then after a week or so when the criticism has died down he reverts back to ultra conservative game strategies and leaves many of us scratching our heads.

I agree with this. I am hoping that this time he continues with what is working and does not revert back to what wasn't.

Sure, KF decides what he is going to do based on what internet posters say. Riiiiiiiiiight.

NCHawker making some sense. :) My theory is that KF just wants to win and is always trying to improve, and that is why his teams generally make improvement as the season progresses.

Sure, KF decides what he is going to do based on what internet posters say. Riiiiiiiiiight.

Naw he got a pretty good amount of bad press after the last game. With the transfers also because of not getting WR's involved. I know everyone is back on the #FerentzBall bandwagon but I'm not sold yet. He has done this before.

NCHawker making some sense. :) My theory is that KF just wants to win and is always trying to improve, and that is why his teams generally make improvement as the season progresses.
. This poster does know what he's taking about. It's sickening how little credit people will give KF - like he's the enemy. Obviously, you have to be small-minded to be a hater.

. This poster does know what he's taking about. It's sickening how little credit people will give KF - like he's the enemy. Obviously, you have to be small-minded to be a hater.

Citation proof for this hypothesis of KF knowing what he's doing or it's just for the birds.

No argument that KF wants to win, but does not explain why our O played like dog tihs in early games or maybe why they where not prepared to play D2 and ISU teams. I don't see this changing anytime soon.

It would not surprise me if next weak we go the entire game without a pass of more than 8 yards.

Nothing surprises me with this bizarre Ferentz/Davis arrangement.

I guess we'll know next week when we see if Brain is still calling plays.

I guess we'll know next week when we see if Brain is still calling plays.

Here is something that flips the whole ******. Did brian call plays? Debatable. Has coach had his son in his ear to convince him to stop with the conservative ways the last few years and open it up? Debatable. Is greg gone after this season? Yep.

Here is something that flips the whole ******. Did brian call plays? Debatable. Has coach had his son in his ear to convince him to stop with the conservative ways the last few years and open it up? Debatable. Is greg gone after this season? Yep.

S c r i p t. Not ******. I forget that this site has not figured out how to fix this problem in 5+ Years.

I've heard from a good source that he was calling the plays. I also heard that GD was coaching the OL, which is why they were opening such big holes. Shake ups all around. Whatever works!

I heard he has a staff member divide up all of the positive posts and negative posts in a week, from all of the sites, has them counted up, and then decides his game plan based on the outcome of the tally. I mean, the proof is in the pudding. Look what happened on Saturday. Coincidence? I think not.

I heard he has a staff member divide up all of the positive posts and negative posts in a week, from all of the sites, has them counted up, and then decides his game plan based on the outcome of the tally. I mean, the proof is in the pudding. Look what happened on Saturday. Coincidence? I think not.

Or is the proof in the Hawkeye Jello Jigglers?

No argument that KF wants to win, but does not explain why our O played like dog tihs in early games or maybe why they where not prepared to play D2 and ISU teams. I don't see this changing anytime soon.
Its been this way fur 16 years.. I think youre onto somethin

Latest posts