My starting 5.

Give Gesell a break. He just went toe to toe with a senior who is one of the best PGs in the country.

I would also like to form a line of posters who bashed me for claiming May wouldn't contribute much this year to kiss by butt in apology.

Rumor is Olesani has really improved in the offseason

I would like to see him get some more minutes.

Hes still more raw than we hopped but I would rather see him learn on the job and get fouls jumping over the back for rebounds and blocks than McCabe just getting stuffed and dominated athletically.

I would like to see him get some more minutes.

Hes still more raw than we hopped but I would rather see him learn on the job and get fouls jumping over the back for rebounds and blocks than McCabe just getting stuffed and dominated athletically.

He's not raw, he's just not good. He's not going to develop. He is the quintessential guy playing basketball because he's tall.

I would like to see him practice against Nico Law, however.

Give Gesell a break. He just went toe to toe with a senior who is one of the best PGs in the country.

I would also like to form a line of posters who bashed me for claiming May wouldn't contribute much this year to kiss by butt in apology.

I think the point people were making is that Clemmons was noticeably better against the same PG than Gesell was.

I'll give Gesell a break, but Clemmons played much tougher against a high level guard tonight... Gesell better get used to it, he is going to be matched up against a LOT of good guards as the season goes on.

He's not raw, he's just not good. He's not going to develop. He is the quintessential guy playing basketball because he's tall.

1 year and 7 games is a little early to call bust on a guy who was incredibly raw coming in, isn't it?

1 year and 7 games is a little early to call bust on a guy who was incredibly raw coming in, isn't it?

Actually, one second of watching him on the court should have been enough for most people. One year makes it crystal clear. He isn't raw. He has no instinct or feel for how the game is played. He's not going to learn it playing for a BoneG team, and he's not seeing the floor now. He's firmly behind Woodbury, who's a younger player, and next year he'll be behind Meyer.

Kind of a Catch-22; He can't develop if he doesn't play, and he won't play because he isn't developed.

Can someone be good and raw? Isn't raw the same thing as bad?

How would you explain all the examples of guys who started off raw or bad as you call it and then ended up being good?

And, hes the quintessential guy playing basketball because hes tall and very athletic. If his athleticism was comparable to Woodbury or McCabes he wouldn't be playing anywhere but the Y.

Jurry still out on Gabe.

Jury is in on McCabe = role player

I think Ghost means raw in a different sense.. Like if someone's raw, they have high potential and will get better with time and experience. Ghost is saying he's not good OR raw (not much potential, as he said he lacks instinct). Then again, trying speak for Billy is virtually suicide as no one knows, nor will ever know what's going on inside that fro.

I think Ghost means raw in a different sense.. Like if someone's raw, they have high potential and will get better with time and experience. Ghost is saying he's not good OR raw (not much potential, as he said he lacks instinct). Then again, trying speak for Billy is virtually suicide as no one knows, nor will ever know what's going on inside that fro.

Raw has always meant someone who lacks basketball experience and or teaching.

Have agree with Ghost on Olaseni. Unless you are a supreme talent, you can't transition from a soccer player in the UK to a big ten post player in a few years. He may be a great athlete, run the floor like 3 and swat shots in practice, but those 3 attributes do not make him a basketball player. This team would be much better with somebody with beast mode potential down there. If the dude is on scholarship, he needs to see the floor, or McCaffrey shouldn't have offered. We may lead the big ten in lowest body fat composition, but we sure as hell won't be near the top in rebounding.

How does this VCash thing work, I'll go all in on you being wrong about Gesell/Clemmons.

I would only halfway disagree on that. First, Gesell will be a starter. But Clemmons could start as well. That puts MG at the 2. Moving White to the 4 has to happen. I think Fran is hesitant to put three frosh on the floor at once. But these three have what it takes, IMHO. By NYE I think they will be ready.
We need our best players on the floor to start. I think by B1G season that will is AC, MG, Roy Jr, White & Woody. That's a good lineup. Not sure who is the 6th best player right now? Probably May, then Mel, then McCabe.
It would be nice to get Ingram some additional minutes. He will have to put in the effort to prove he deserves it to the coaches.
One thing is for certain, this team needs to hit their open shots. We have capable players taking open shots. They better start to fall....

Last edited:

Latest posts