My Fab Five, Who's Yours?

Troy Skinner?
Wade Lookingbill?

I did list some of my Favorite Hawks 1hawkeye1... Please stop the insults. Cole was a fine Hawk but isn't one of my fab five's Like I said not even in my top 15 or 20... I'm 42 and have seen many great hawks.

Last edited:
I did list some of my Favorite Hawks 1hawkeye1... Please stop the insults. Cole was a fine Hawk but isn't one of my fab five's Like I said not even in my top 15 or 20... I'm 42 and have seen many great hawks.
Well, I'm 47 so I've seen more.:p
Sorry, did not mean to insult. Just trying to have a little fun. I am flying high and jacked up after that win!

Great thread.

Kevin Boyle - baseline jumper was deadly
Greg Stokes - we actually had the twin towers
Chris Street - ULTIMATE HAWKEYE
BJ Armstrong - Raveling and Davis would have made a great coaching staff
Jess Settles - kid was a beast when he was healthy

Hon Mention
Vince Brookins - Last game at the field house was AWESOME
Luke Recker - Wasnt around long enough
Adam Hulaska - see above
Gerry Wright - loved the dunks and always running with the thumbs up
Woolridge - how this kid didnt get picked up in the NBA wow!!

Just going through these names again makes me realize how much we had fallen off with Stevie and Johnny at the helm. Fran will get things back!!!

wait so are we talking our favorite players who are not among the best?? Because I feel Street is one of the Great Hawkeyes...Or are we just talking about favorite hawks regardless of talent?

wait so are we talking our favorite players who are not among the best?? Because I feel Street is one of the Great Hawkeyes...Or are we just talking about favorite hawks regardless of talent?

Favorites regardless of talent. Your favorites could be 5 of the best, or 5 of the "all-hustle" team. Doesn't matter.

I'm older than alot of you, and have seen alot of great Hawks in my day dating back to games at the old Fieldhouse in the late 60's, so with that in mind, here's my list of faves.

In no particular order, just guys I loved watching who wore the Hawkeye uni.

Downtown Freddie Brown
John Johnson
Glen The Stick Vidnovic
Kevin Boyle
Kenny Arnold
Vince Brookins
Acie Earl
Reggie Evans
Jarryd Cole
Chris Street
Jess Settles
James Moses
Ronnie Lester
Steve Krafcisin
Kevin Gamble
Jeff Moe
Kent McCausland
B J Armstrong
Andre Woolridge
Brody Boyd
Adam Haluska
Chris Kingsbury
James Winters
Kenyon Murray
Steve Carfino

Now that's a pretty solid Top 25 and represents several eras of Hawkeye BB.

That being said, I'm starting to like what I'm seeing with Fran, likin' me some Basabe!

Your favorite Hawkeye bb players regardless of talent.

Latest posts