My conclusion.....It's just plain stubborness

I don't so much doubt that the backups may not be showing more in practice (but then again they do not get many snaps either right), but we know there are people that practice better than they play in game and the other way around. If one of the backups could have just hit a wide open receiver that would be an improvement. And even if all that were true, why not put them it to get some reps in the last quarter?

Sokol only has 2 years to play 3

Will someone please explain to me what this means. Isn't he a redshirt Freshman giving him 4 years after this one?

I think the OP meant to type Sokol has 3 years to play 2. He is currently a JR (JC transfer) so he can redshirt this year and then still have 2 more years to play.

I think the OP meant to type Sokol has 3 years to play 2. He is currently a JR (JC transfer) so he can redshirt this year and then still have 2 more years to play.

That makes more sense. Thanks, I assumed he was a freshman due to the redshirt.

Kf is like Adam Sandler in Billy Madison when he rolls up to the high school in the black Trans Am Billy Squier on the radio with the Reo Speedway shirt and jean jacket on. Hes so stuck in the past its embarrassing.

He's also got a bit of Miss Lippy in him because you must be eating paste if you think keeping JVB out there is smart.

Under KF, if you are the starter, you are the starter until you die or graduate or leave the team, regardless of how good the talent is beneath you, or how bad your on-the-field performance is. 13 year fact.

The idea that KF is not playing his best players, or is not capable of determining who his best players are, is mind numbingly ******* stupid, as is anyone who believes that to be true.
I agree that JVB is likely the best QB. But he is playing at a stunningly low level. So low that we might just as well put JR in the game and get him some reps. Especially when we are down 38-14 in the second half.

Under KF, if you are the starter, you are the starter until you die or graduate or leave the team, regardless of how good the talent is beneath you, or how bad your on-the-field performance is. 13 year fact.

kyle mccann over Brad Banks is the best example. But we just don't know how good Jake is. But what we do know is that JVB is absolutley horrible. And ya, the coaches see these guys in practice and that determines who plays in games. But according to that theory, Bullock and Garmon was way ahead of Weisman. Some guys are just gamers. And you're never going to know how they will react in a game situation until they are in the real thing. If the guy in there isn't doing the job, it's time to give the other guy a chance. If it doesn't work, oh well. At least we all know. It isn't going to get any worse. Would wouldn't have lost more than 1 game Saturday had Jake got to play a few drives.

No reason to not give Ruddock a few snaps. The game was over. You never know how a kid might excel when given the chance (i.e. Weisman) ...

Stubborness??? THAT is the reason we played like a bunch of powder puff rejects??? Well, THAT explains everything!
powderpuffs.jpg

This offense is like 1975 when Pol Pot took over Cambodia. Year Zero. Doctors working in the fields at gunpoint instead of practicing medicine. James Hindenburg taking three step drops. It's all the same really.

Meanwhile KF is living in the past like Marty McFly. Unwittingly tongue kissing his own mother, played by Greg Davis, which I can only assume is exactly what it feels like to watch this offense.

The idea that KF is not playing his best players, or is not capable of determining who his best players are, is mind numbingly ******* stupid, as is anyone who believes that to be true.

Wrong. You can say that until you are blue in the face. But the fact remains, Brad Banks WAS better than Kyle McCann. I do not care if Banks "didn't practice as well" as Kyle, he was 10 f&cking times the QB on gameday.

KF did NOT play his best player in Kyle's senior year. Ok, I guess he did play him, just not nearly enough...

Jake Christensen says hi.

He's also got a bit of Miss Lippy in him because you must be eating paste if you think keeping JVB out there is smart.
The Iowa offene is like The Puppy Who Lost Its Way and nobody not even the little boy "Greg Davis" know how to find it.