Musings gleaned from HN

hawkeyebob62

In this past reguolar season, I have gathered, via HN, the following

--Not ONE of our RBs would make any other BiG roster
--Not ONE of our LBs would play on any other B1G team
--Save for D King, our DBs are the worst in the B1G
--Other than a couple obvious guys, our OL and DL are not that great (because, KF and BF aren't really goo OL coaches, of course)
--We (quite obviously) have the worst starting QB in the B1G

However, on the flip side, we have the best WR (Willies) and the best back-up QB.

--Other than a couple obvious guys, our OL and DL are not that great (because, KF and BF aren't really goo OL coaches, of course)

However, on the flip side, we have the best WR (Willies) and the best back-up QB.
-- Not true, I'm sure MW could see the field at FB for some other team.
-- You are being a little dramatic about the feedback I've seen on the LBs, but yeah they were rough this year. If you can't see that, you are blinded by our black and gold sunglasses
--I don't think anyone would say worst in the BIG, but again not good. Tommy Armstrong burnt us with arm punts, need I say more?
-- I disagree with some of the feedback on the OL and DL. OL struggled at times, but generally it's hard to run block when you are playing offense in a phone booth. DL was pretty good most of the year.
--JR is not the worst QB in the BIG, but a lot of people, me included feel that CJ has more upside and than JR.
--Willies has shown he has a lot of talent. We don't seem to get the ball to guys with talent enough. This is frustrating. People have voiced this frustration. If our playbook is so complicated we can't play our most talented players, change the playbook. Would you rather we throw the ball to Willes or Vandenberg?

There was a lot to complain about this year. We should have been better than 7-5. I agree with a lot of what I read here from frustrated fans, but sometimes we (yes even I) go too far sometimes when we are frustrated. If you love everything you are seeing, and are satisfied with 7-5 with an easy schedule, that's your business. But don't come in here and mock others for expecting more from their coach and team.

Not taking a side in the whole JR vs. CJ debate, but when everyone talks about "upside" isn't that similar to potential. To me he's either better now or he's not, I simply don't think you can compare one person "potential/upside" to an other persons current competition level. I honestly see the validity in the argument about getting CJ the PT he needs to get there, but if the argument is nothing more than he has "a better upside" then I'm not sure I agree. Honestly I think he needs to see more snaps to confirm whether or not he's currently the better of the two, if he is then he should get the opportunity but not because he could be better down the road.

Honestly I wouldn't have a problem with the qb position if I had never seen CJ play. Rudock is fine and could lead a great team to a great season if given the chance. I just think think CJ has the ability to lead an average team to a great season with this schedule. Same goes for Weisman. I would be frustrated with where our runningback position stands right now but those can be the beeaks with attrition sometimes. But when I see Wadely come in and look like a legitament big 10 back (which we haven't had for awhile) it's frustrating. I get he fumbles and is a risk. But desperate times call for desperate measures, and we were desperate for a running game all year.

JR: gonna be a doctor. great. his mind set is to evaluate, double check his evaluation, consult where needed and make The Very Best decision he knows for your health. This is what he is teaching himself to do as he proceeds along his educational path. Isn't that what we all want in our doctors? Don't get mad at him because he is hard wired to do the right thing the first time and this takes longer. I hope he becomes a fantastic doctor.

CJ: don't know his major and didn't stalk him to find out. great. his mind set from all appearances is to get the ball into someone's hands as fast as he can. He looks around and throws a nice snap ball. Sometimes it goes where its supposed to and sometimes not. That's football.

And that is my point: It's FOOTBALL not medicine. CJB is a football player and deserves the chance to become one. God Bless JR, I like the way he thinks.

Just my 2 cents.

Honestly I wouldn't have a problem with the qb position if I had never seen CJ play. Rudock is fine and could lead a great team to a great season if given the chance. I just think think CJ has the ability to lead an average team to a great season with this schedule. Same goes for Weisman. I would be frustrated with where our runningback position stands right now but those can be the beeaks with attrition sometimes. But when I see Wadely come in and look like a legitament big 10 back (which we haven't had for awhile) it's frustrating. I get he fumbles and is a risk. But desperate times call for desperate measures, and we were desperate for a running game all year.
Rudock would never see the field for a great team.

Actually you're really not far off, which is sad because you think you're being over the top sarcastic here. How many offers did our backs have from B1G schools? None, not one of our backs had another B1G offer. Of our current lbs, none would play for another B1G program. The DBs, yeah they're at or near the bottom of the conference, especially the safeties. The O-line and D-line, yep on the money again. Our Qb, not quite THE worst, but close, and that's bad considering the Qb play in this conference flat out sucks. Willies is a great talent, and yeah we do have the best back up Qb, which would be the best starting Qb in the conference if he was playing like he should be. You pretty much nailed it, and you didn't even know it, good job.

-- You are being a little dramatic about the feedback I've seen on the LBs, but yeah they were rough this year. If you can't see that, you are blinded by our black and gold sunglasses
--I don't think anyone would say worst in the BIG, but again not good. Tommy Armstrong burnt us with arm punts, need I say more?
-- I disagree with some of the feedback on the OL and DL. OL struggled at times, but generally it's hard to run block when you are playing offense in a phone booth. DL was pretty good most of the year.
--JR is not the worst QB in the BIG, but a lot of people, me included feel that CJ has more upside and than JR.
--Willies has shown he has a lot of talent. We don't seem to get the ball to guys with talent enough. This is frustrating. People have voiced this frustration. If our playbook is so complicated we can't play our most talented players, change the playbook. Would you rather we throw the ball to Willes or Vandenberg?

There was a lot to complain about this year. We should have been better than 7-5. I agree with a lot of what I read here from frustrated fans, but sometimes we (yes even I) go too far sometimes when we are frustrated. If you love everything you are seeing, and are satisfied with 7-5 with an easy schedule, that's your business. But don't come in here and mock others for expecting more from their coach and team.

No need for the analytics here. The OP was using hyperbole.

hy·per·bo·le
hīˈpərbəlē/
noun
[COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

• exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

I thought u took yer ball and went home bob?

I did (save a ,post here or there on b-ball) for the regular season. Now that it's over, in spite of the Moron Majority still lurking, at least most of the worst vitriol is gone.

OTOH, wasn't my ball to take. If it had been, I'd simply start ban-hammering the worst posters, the repetitive posters, etc.

Where, oh where, did I say I was satisfied or happy? I merely pointed out how dumb and uninformed much of our fan base has become or, at best, how dumb/uninformed many posters here have become. That, or Troll Count has greatly increased.

No need for the analytics here. The OP was using hyperbole.

hy·per·bo·le
hīˈpərbəlē/
noun
[COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

• exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

Well, at least ONE person got it. A certain "caddy" did not...and sadly, went Al Franken in his answer

(Note: Al Franken is a former comedian/actor, now a US Senator from Minnesota. He thinks he is smart. He attempts to give smarmy-but-deep-and-insightful-and-demeaning answers to various political questions/debates/issue. But, for the record, note also that Al Franken is NOT smart, and his comments/answers/debates/etc. are highly indicative of a possible glitch upstairs)

JR: gonna be a doctor. great. his mind set is to evaluate, double check his evaluation, consult where needed and make The Very Best decision he knows for your health. This is what he is teaching himself to do as he proceeds along his educational path. Isn't that what we all want in our doctors? Don't get mad at him because he is hard wired to do the right thing the first time and this takes longer. I hope he becomes a fantastic doctor.

CJ: don't know his major and didn't stalk him to find out. great. his mind set from all appearances is to get the ball into someone's hands as fast as he can. He looks around and throws a nice snap ball. Sometimes it goes where its supposed to and sometimes not. That's football.

And that is my point: It's FOOTBALL not medicine. CJB is a football player and deserves the chance to become one. God Bless JR, I like the way he thinks.

Just my 2 cents.

Your 2 cents isn't worth 2 pesos on this one.

I have no idea why people tie JR's academic major in with their critique of his quarterbacking skills.

If you think CJ is better, that is fine, but why does that have to be tied back to JR's major? Silliness.

It's not like he walks around and makes everyone call him "Dr. QB" or anything.

I am sure if he does go on to become a doctor, he will forever be referred to as Dr. Jake on Iowa message boards.

Your 2 cents isn't worth 2 pesos on this one.

I have no idea why people tie JR's academic major in with their critique of his quarterbacking skills.

If you think CJ is better, that is fine, but why does that have to be tied back to JR's major? Silliness.

It's not like he walks around and makes everyone call him "Dr. QB" or anything.

Actually, Ryan Tannehill has a degree in biology and still hopes to become an orthopedic surgeon after his NFL career. He is probably closer to Dr. QB than Jake is as Jake doesn't have a degree yet.

And if you want to go to court, RGIII is the guy. Earned his degree in three years in Political Science and then began on a masters in Communications. Still plans on attending law school.

A major does not define your skills as a quarterback.

This is great--one of those I am better than others posts that reeks of self-unawareness. What was the point in starting this post--agitating "morons"? Even though you seek to be better than them? I don't get posts like these--attacking people for having opinions on an opinion based board.

It just seemed to me that every time I turned around someone was crowing about how smart Jake is, about them changing practice times to fit his classes , and that he wants to be a doctor. You're right of course that his course

of study won't make him a better QB.

Actually, Ryan Tannehill has a degree in biology and still hopes to become an orthopedic surgeon after his NFL career. He is probably closer to Dr. QB than Jake is as Jake doesn't have a degree yet.

And if you want to go to court, RGIII is the guy. Earned his degree in three years in Political Science and then began on a masters in Communications. Still plans on attending law school.

A major does not define your skills as a quarterback.

Eggggzzzzzactly.

But I will say that I prefer my surgeons to have lived relatively concussion-free lives, so I would probably pass on Dr. Tannehill. Also, no way in hell does he go back through the grind of medical school, being an intern, etc. after he retires from the NFL as a millionaire. Not a chance.

Things we learned from this post:

YOU are

1) an idiot

and/or

2) a liar