Music Thread

years ago when those little people came into my life, i slowly saw my stereo gear getting destroyed. I didn't think i'd ever find a replacement for my cartridge for my Yamaha turn table. I had not use anymore for my amp/tuner and I kept my little polk audio speakers.

So now its my phone and headphones. https://a.co/d/eQGYeRp

Still nothing quite measures up to a new vinyl record with headphones. Dark Side of the moon and a few other particular songs were great for just listening to great sound.

years ago when those little people came into my life, i slowly saw my stereo gear getting destroyed. I didn't think i'd ever find a replacement for my cartridge for my Yamaha turn table. I had not use anymore for my amp/tuner and I kept my little polk audio speakers.

So now its my phone and headphones. https://a.co/d/eQGYeRp

Still nothing quite measures up to a new vinyl record with headphones. Dark Side of the moon and a few other particular songs were great for just listening to great sound.
Started to look into getting back into vinyl a few years ago, and still might if I can figure out where to set up the equipment in our new house.

What struck me in the process of looking is that "audiophile vinyl enthusiasts" has become basically a cult. We are talking about people that are completely obsessive to the point of being borderline unhinged. Some will pay ungodly amounts for a system. No hyperbole - you literally can fork over 500 grand for a system. It's unreal.

As much as I'm tempted to go that route, I'm thinking of focusing on a potential digital high res audio system. Files have come a long way in terms of quality, and I'm getting too old and lazy to get up and continually change the albums.

On a side note, the perfect headphone track is Nazareth's "Please Don't Judas Me."

$400.000 amplifier for "normal" human beings...

Then there's this for the Elon Musks and Jeff Bezos' of the world. Only about $2,000,000:

$400.000 amplifier for "normal" human beings...

Then there's this for the Elon Musks and Jeff Bezos' of the world. Only about $2,000,000:

Pretty amaizin. whish someone narrated to explain what I'm looking at...and which they had different music playing. HA!

Marshal Tucker Band live

David Palmer frequently sang lead for live SD shows...Fagen had serious stage fright early on.

Denny Dias could play guitar in his sleep it seems.

Long before MTV, streaming, the internet, etc., the Midnight Special was the only affordable way I could see bands live.

I crossed SD off my "must see" bucket list in the Quad Cities in 2019.

Latest posts