Music In Kinnick Stadium

A few things:

-The burrito lift is lame, however every fan knows #1 the company that the ad is for, #2 can sing the song they play (or at least part of it)
Any person in Ad sales or marketing will tell you mission accomplished regardless how lame everybody thinks it is

-The music has improved over the last couple of years but still could be better

-Have yet to hear Cotton Eyed Joe this year so I give them an A+ for that fact alone.

How about they stop blasting music while our band is playing?

Really, it might be OK to have some mood music once in a while (and yes, even heavy metal sets a... mood), and I know they want to use the new sound system, but Kinnick is such a classy venue that is so old school.

The Iowa band has been sounding good with their new director IMO, I think it's a shame that there can't be more coordination with the band, so they don't overlap. I bet over the course of the past three years, the University has invested more time, effort and money in the marching band than the new sound system. Let them play for god's sake! And let the Iowa crowd take over once in a while.

I like this thread, it's nice to know some folks care about this subject...

I haven't been to Kinnick in a long, long time and wasn't aware this was happening. This is inexcusable. There should be more coordination between the folks running the PA system/program and the band. Could be easily accomplished -- ain't rocket science.

Music plays up to the snap or up till the pitch in baseball. Yes the south endzone is loud but thats so I can hear it up in the north endzone. Playing music even after they have broken the huddle is not borderline anything. Go to any stadium in almost any sport and music will be played until about a sec before the game is live. I believe the NBA even finishes the song that is playing. I know they are still playing music in hockey once the puck is live. I dont know how they do it in soccer but if it was me running things they could be playing a movie on the big screen because it soccer.

What was the song that was being played at the start of the 4th quarter? When all the players were in a group on the field jumping up and down? That was pretty cool to see.

The less the band plays, the better, IMO. The band gets no one (fans or players) pumped, and I am sick and tired of the band playing the same two Mackelmore songs over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Totally agree. I will not participate in this.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. With the exception of the Back in Black/Enter Sandman opening, I'd love it if they didn't pipe in any music whatsoever. I get that they have to play the ads of their sponsors, but random music just for the sake of it is annoying. Let the marching band handle the in-game music. That's part of the charm of the college football atmosphere.

I miss the days when we didn't have rock music blasted during every time out. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go yell at some kids that are on my lawn.

I look around at the burrito hump and see a lot of pasty white people thinking they are pretty cool. It is pretty funny and vomit worthy at the samee time

Three years later and we're still having the same convo about the in game experience.

Can someone send a link of this thread or the other thread to GarBar or email it into Sally's inbox?

What was the song that was being played at the start of the 4th quarter? When all the players were in a group on the field jumping up and down? That was pretty cool to see.

Idk but the players seemed to like it. Why don't they play 'black and yellow' by cheese-wiz khalifa once in awhile?

Macklemore and what the fox??....smh

The less the band plays, the better, IMO. The band gets no one (fans or players) pumped, and I am sick and tired of the band playing the same two Mackelmore songs over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

The band is horrid, you can't even hear them in the North Endzone, Far ends of the Grandstand sides or above them in the South Endzone. They play lame music, their halftime performances are pathetic. See The Ohio State University Marching band to see how it's done.

As usual the people controlling the music being pumped into Kinnick still follow their play list rather than what is actually happening in the stadium. There were times when there was nothing being played in PREGAME...yet they managed to drown out I-O-W-A each time.

I am actually growing tired of the I-O-W-A chant that is done over and over again. I wish we had some alternatives.

Play what the players and student section will get pumped up to. That is what will get the stadium rocking, not some song from 20 years ago.

I am actually growing tired of the I-O-W-A chant that is done over and over again. I wish we had some alternatives.

If you're talking about the I-O-W-A chant that goes around the four corners of the stadium, then I gotta tell ya I friggin' love that one!!! I think it's a terrific barometer to the feel of the stadium. If the energy/electricity is up, it'll go for a while. Heck, it wasn't that long ago the chant would continue during entire commercial breaks and do 5 more "laps" after the cheer squad had out away the flags. Oh yes... That ones gotta stay, SpecialK.

Play what the players and student section will get pumped up to. That is what will get the stadium rocking, not some song from 20 years ago.

20 years ago my asz ... you mean 30 or 40 years ago! Neil Diamond and the Beatles ... knock that crap off! I wish the songs they played were only 20 years old, that would be an improvement!

Latest posts