Music at Kinnick

maybe "old time rock and roll"(which is a great song by the way) was played as a throwback to the old days, or the bully days. maybe they were saying iowa is going back old school to the days of the bullies of the big 10 and they're bringing back the old time rock and roll.

am i reaching?
I think you are reaching. That song doesn't have any place in a football stadium; especially out of half time.

You're right, and most of them left at halftime. Maybe if they here that the crazy Fox song is being played, we can sell the place out again next year.

How about if we keep the time machine running and play that awful "Tonight's gonna be a good night" song that was a hit among the 12 year old set 5 or so years ago.

reaching, but I still laughed and I'll use this as an acceptable answer. Don't get me wrong. I love teh Bob Cat and get my "Like a Rock"on and like to "Turn The Page" as much as the next guy, but it should not be the song the Hawks hit the field on. That piano intro to "Old Time R&R" started and it was like epic or something.

This has been discussed before although I was particularly in awe of them playing Seger, and not in a good way (although I do love me some Seger). They cater to the old crowd, the donors that drop big bucks on seat licensing. The 60 year old man with six seats at $1000 a pop doesn't want to hear Eminem or Wiz Khalifa or Volbeat. He wants Seger and the Stones. ISU actually plays some decent music during games (outside of that ******* Neil Diamond song that I used to enjoy until I heard a bunch of clown fans croaking it out after beating Iowa) and that is because they don't have a huge donor base of stuffy old men. So they cater more to the students.

This has been discussed before although I was particularly in awe of them playing Seger, and not in a good way (although I do love me some Seger). They cater to the old crowd, the donors that drop big bucks on seat licensing. The 60 year old man with six seats at $1000 a pop doesn't want to hear Eminem or Wiz Khalifa or Volbeat. He wants Seger and the Stones. ISU actually plays some decent music during games (outside of that ******* Neil Diamond song that I used to enjoy until I heard a bunch of clown fans croaking it out after beating Iowa) and that is because they don't have a huge donor base of stuffy old men. So they cater more to the students.

I get that, and I don't want them to fill up the stadium with modern pop or heavy metal or generic top 40 crap. There is a way to to mix the old with the new and find a happy medium. Even the grandma's there didn't think "Old Time Rock & Roll" was cool. Seriously, think about the intro of that song to yourself... or go and youtube it, and then imagine the Iowa football team running out to it. There is NO ONE who thinks that is cool regardless of age. Tom Cruise doesn't think that song is a good song to come out to.

I'd have the team come out to this because it is not objectionable for the old folks and the kids will like it

[video=youtube;uXaobvYqWsw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXaobvYqWsw[/video]

I'd play this after every big running play:

[video=youtube;le2bPRGvKXE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le2bPRGvKXE[/video]

I laughed when they jammed Old Time Rocknroll while running out of the tunnel. It's actually why we came back b/c the team was so ****** at the stupid a$$ song they just punched mich right in the mouth. Ice ice baby and make some noise was awesome

I laughed when they jammed Old Time Rocknroll while running out of the tunnel. It's actually why we came back b/c the team was so ****** at the stupid a$$ song they just punched mich right in the mouth. Ice ice baby and make some noise was awesome

I don't know why they don't play Hey Jude for any motivational music?

I don't know why they don't play Hey Jude for any motivational music?

Hawks come running out to the Band playing the Fight Song being drowned out by Seger?
Everyone in our row was mystified.
An 11 million dollar cluster on the use of the board and sound system. Nice job Gary!

Same shock in my section - everyone from age 30 to 70 stopped and had the same confused look when the Seger started. Kinnick feels like a brand new 60 inch HDTV that somebody hooked a mono VCR up to with RCA cables. What a waste.

I am not certain it matters to me the age of the song. Mixing the old and the new works if the songs are good. The music selected needs a good beat and rhythm. The person who is running the show also has to have a knack for knowing what to play in the moment. Right now it seems like they either have no clue or the just resort to plugging in the same old 8-track with 10 tunes and calling it good.

Spend the money and get a sports DJ and it will be rocking and fun when some music is needed.

speakers UP these drums cranked up really loud in a stadium

would bring everyone to their feet !!!

(don't bother with the visual, just listen)

[video=youtube;3HbbxBiMgP8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HbbxBiMgP8[/video]

It's kinda refreshing that all we have to ***** about is the freakin music at a Hawk FOOTBALL Game! The Hilgenbergs(all of them) Alex Karras, and even Chuck Long are so disappointed. :mad: *******

Latest posts