MSU only had 3 fouls with under 4:00 to play.

I'd say missed calls, blown calls, ignored calls, there was alot to go around in the no call variety. Unfortunately the turnovers and the lack of denfense made it the difference in the game.

I'd say missed calls, blown calls, ignored calls, there was alot to go around in the no call variety. Unfortunately the turnovers and the lack of denfense made it the difference in the game.

Yeah alot of those turnovers were caused by msu hacking and bumping.

Outrageous that msu could play that physical and only have 3 fouls on them while making a big comeback.

The hawks were trying to drive to the hoop and continually getting bumped and stripped.

Hell marble got fouled on that last shot. what a bunch of bull ****.

But the hawks were their own worst enemy during the bad 8 minute stretch by not driving and dishing for easy looks.

I will keep bumping this thread cuz these zebras were ludicrous

Seems like a good assessment to me. To not even get in the bonus in the 2nd half against a team that likes to shove around like MSU is real irritating.

Yeah alot of those turnovers were caused by msu hacking and bumping.

Outrageous that msu could play that physical and only have 3 fouls on them while making a big comeback.

The hawks were trying to drive to the hoop and continually getting bumped and stripped.

Hell marble got fouled on that last shot. what a bunch of bull ****.

But the hawks were their own worst enemy during the bad 8 minute stretch by not driving and dishing for easy looks.

I will keep bumping this thread cuz these zebras were ludicrous

I said it before in other post, but I think the way in which the officiating was in the second half didn't physically lead up the turnovers, but took its toll on us mentally which affected our ability to focus and lead to the mental mistakes resulting in turnovers. Couldn't agree more that we were our own worst enemies and like so many times this year let another game slip away that ultimately may have sealed our fate.

Bent over and screwed....not that I'm bitter. (I am)

I am posting on this thread again to bump it because it needs bumped.

I am tired of watching football and wrestling during Iowa basketball games and other Big 10 games. I didnt watch a lot of non-Iowa games this year but when I did I was amazed at how players can almost be tackled cutting across the lane with or without the ball.

Blow the friggin whistle alot and early and it will clean it up.

I want to see players make good moves and not get shoved off their stride

Did anyone else notice that the loose ball "foul" on McCabe was similar to the play where Zeller "stripped" Clemmons. The one where the refs S ed his D for the next 5 minutes. The only difference is Zeller took Clemmons out from behind while McCabe took his guy out because that guy was coming in to try to make a play on the ball too.

I don't think it loses us the game...the fact that we are a crappy shooting team has a lot to do with that. However it is sucks watching the most physical team in the NCAA have only 3 fouls through 16 minutes of basketball and then we get called on a push off on marble, the mccabe dive for a loose ball, the aaron white foul at the end...and then the constant cut aways to Izzo whispering sweet nothings in the ear of the refs. Valentine almost pulled a hamstring running to midcourt to make sure everyone saw that he was calling the Marble push off. Pulled an ed hightower look at me moment. I said to my wife (who didn't give a rip) when Iowa was up by about 5 or 6 that Fran needed to just explode and go absolutely nuts to get a T and prove a point. If you do it there when MSU has the ball you probably give up 2 pts but you don't give up a possession because they already have it and you probably stop the BS calls.

Last edited:

Latest posts