MSU-Michigan brawl

#1DieHardHawk

No program is immune from bad actors, but it's hard to envision Iowa players behaving like this. Kirk may frustrate the hell out of us at times, but he always emphasizes character when it comes to recruiting, and rightfully so.

Did MSU make a mistake giving Mel Tucker a long, lucrative contract? Absolutely. However, we have no idea what MSU emphasizes on the recruiting trail. The notion that Kirk or any Iowa program is holier than thou and has a moral superiority over any other program is silly.

I can imagine Hawkeye players doing this.
I can imagine anyone doing it under the 4ighht conditions.

My last name is Harbaugh, but seeing Jim act all indignant in his postgame rubbed me the wrong way. National TV coverage after the game ended repeatedly showed Michigan players physically approaching MSU players, getting in their faces, and taunting them...to the point where Big Blue coaches -- including Harbaugh -- had to pull their players back and try to stop them from creating a fight. That's all I saw and all I know. So don't be playing the victim.

except for the video. Yes, it's not complete...but what you see is pretty clear.
I get it, but you only see half of it. What if a Michigan player cheap shotted a MSU player (not saying one did) and started the physical part of it?

In my misspent youth I was around enough of those situations to know that they aren’t usually clear cut.

And someone please correct me if I’m wrong because I don’t know the stadium, but why in the F are both teams using the same tunnel? Talk about a recipe for disaster. That kind of thing is actually one of the (many) reasons for the Hawks’ new wrestling facility. Right now both teams have to use the same tunnel and in a violent sport like wrestling you can see what kinds of issues that can cause after matches. They have a bunch of security at wrestling duals to keep it from happening. The new facility will be connected by a separate tunnel so the Hawks will go out one end to their new locker room and the visitors will use the current tunnel at Carver.

Why would a facility worth over a billion dollars at a program like that be using the same tunnel?

And someone please correct me if I’m wrong because I don’t know the stadium, but why in the F are both teams using the same tunnel? Talk about a recipe for disaster. That kind of thing is actually one of the (many) reasons for the Hawks’ new wrestling facility. Right now both teams have to use the same tunnel and in a violent sport like wrestling you can see what kinds of issues that can cause after matches. They have a bunch of security at wrestling duals to keep it from happening. The new facility will be connected by a separate tunnel so the Hawks will go out one end to theirs new locker room and the visitors will use the current tunnel at Carver.

Why would a facility worth over a billion dollars at a program like that be using the same tunnel?
Some ISU players attempted to follow Iowa players toward Iowa's tunnel a few weeks ago. Fortunately enough cooler heads prevailed.

If stadiums insist on being set up where both teams use the same tunnel and these incidents continue, then were going to have to treat them like eight year olds at recess. Each team form a straight line, then enter and exit one team at a time. Penn State, I believe, also had an issue at the Michigan Big House a couple, weeks ago. It seems to be happening somewhere every week.

I remember Ed Horton and Illinois' Ken Norton getting into it going to halftime in Champaign back in the day. This was days before he got into it with some Iowa wrestlers on College Street. Horton never seemed to be more than about ten minutes from an altercation, on or off the court.

I get it, but you only see half of it. What if a Michigan player cheap shotted a MSU player (not saying one did) and started the physical part of it?

In my misspent youth I was around enough of those situations to know that they aren’t usually clear cut.
I hear ya.

An article said the MSU players were from really tough neighborhoods that would make Chicago look safe.

I do remember Carr saying that M wouldn't recruit some areas Iowa did.

Latest posts