MSU defense

Oklahoma plays Texas Tech 10 times this year and they'd score over 30 points in 9 out of 10 of those games. They'll still probably score over 30 tonight.

Oklahoma would dominate.

When you refer to Oklahoma, do you ever use "we" and "us"?
Just wondering, frontrunner.

We're talking about Oklahoma's offense in this thread.... not their defense. and how they would shred the overrated Michigan State defense. Oklahoma would score 30+ on MSU's defense in 8+ out of 10 games.

Depends where they are playing. Also MSU has a very good D. Wisconsin definitely had some success moving the ball, but 31 points and 400+ yards is well below their average, so MSU did a decent job. But proved they are not invincible.

Wisconsin has, maybe, the best offense in the country so using them as a barometer may not be the best thing.

It's not the best, but it's up there. MSU's defense is legit, and claiming otherwise is just plain foolish. Fitting that Kaldenberg is the one making that argument.

You'll need to go back and find where I claimed MSU's defense wasn't legit because I can't find it. Can you provide a quote?

I was saying that #1 Wisconsin's offense is overrated and #2 Oklahoma would make MSU's defense look not so legit. I bet Oklahoma would score over 30 points on MSU over 80% of the time.... over 40 points 25% of the time. That doesn't mean MSU's D isn't legit, it just means that Oklahoma plays a brand of offense Big 10 doesn't know.

You'll need to go back and find where I claimed MSU's defense wasn't legit because I can't find it. Can you provide a quote?

I was saying that #1 Wisconsin's offense is overrated and #2 Oklahoma would make MSU's defense look not so legit. I bet Oklahoma would score over 30 points on MSU over 80% of the time.... over 40 points 25% of the time. That doesn't mean MSU's D isn't legit, it just means that Oklahoma plays a brand of offense Big 10 doesn't know.

You might not say it outright, but your argument strongly implies that you don't think they're legit: Wisconsin's offense is overrated, Oklahoma's offense would dominate MSU's overrated defense.

Pardon me for thinking you don't feel MSU's defense is legit :rolleyes:

Wisconsin has the most points in the country, I understand the considerations with strength on opponent and what not but the argument could be made (I don't think Clemson has a better offense than Wisconsin at all).

If Wisconsin puts up gaudy numbers against OSU and Penn State's defense than an even stronger case could be made on their strength.

MSU is a good (not elite but good) defensive team and Wisconsin had a bad quarter and still put up 31 points.

Wisconsin has the most points in the country, I understand the considerations with strength on opponent and what not but the argument could be made (I don't think Clemson has a better offense than Wisconsin at all).

If Wisconsin puts up gaudy numbers against OSU and Penn State's defense than an even stronger case could be made on their strength.

MSU is a good (not elite but good) defensive team and Wisconsin had a bad quarter and still put up 31 points.

That Clemson QB is legit, methinks. Carry on.

ummm...so back to Iowa. i guess my point is, msu d held the wis to a managable game for their offense. obviously cuz they won. wis offense is very good and lets face it our d-line cannot stop anyone...hence 400+ to indiana! we are in trouble. our offense is NOT so good that they'll be able to bailout our D everytime against mich, msu, purdue or nebby. our o-line doesnt dominate for the less than speedy coker, vandy is good but has a long delivery on out routes and stares down receivers. first time in my life i dont believe we'll pull out another win after minn. (purdue, eh, maybe..but its there and theyre a team with nothing to lose, a loose canon) 6-6 realist. 7-5 happy.

I don't even think Wisconsin has a top 5 offense in the nation.

Oregon, Oklahoma, Okie State, Stanford, Clemson, Alabama all superior.

Wisconsin's WR's are not that impressive.

you think Alabama's is superior. No. Their D carries them. The fact is that there is no D in your precious B12, so you can't really compare the offenses.

although our d sturggles, im not going to get too worked up over msu. i remember the hype last year and they didnt even come close to delivering.

Latest posts