MSU Defense: Marginal

They haven't played anyone all year. Our god awful offense made them look better than they are. Nebraska has 5 turnovers and is down by 6. MSU win over Michigan means nothing. jNW is stifling the Michigan offense, and we know how good their D is.

MSU is only up 6 because of their offense. Just as you stated they have created the turnovers but unable to capitalize. Sound familiar???

Watching this game is really killing my optimism in us beating Nebraska, they can score against a better D than ours and Michigan State has an offense comparable to us...not good.

Watching this game is really killing my optimism in us beating Nebraska, they can score against a better D than ours and Michigan State has an offense comparable to us...not good.

I like the Hawks chances. MSU is about to score again. Nite-nite bo

I agree. Nebraska has a lot more speed that most (not all) of the BigTen teams. They can make plays.

MSU sleep walked through a good share of the game, while the Shuckers put the ball on the ground with startling regularity. Apparently, the MSU O-line coach has never seen a blitz before, since his kids had no idea how to pick one up. Nebbie is the most schizophrenic team I have ever seen. And, Note to Bo: Dantonio sometimes fakes a punt. I still think Iowa has a shot at NE but a slightly better chance to beat Michigan next weekend. Their game with NW nearly put me to sleep until the end, which was a comedy of errors.

After watching MSU's D get somewhat gashed by Nebs rushing game.....the more I realize how pee poor of a game Iowa played against MSU. Really bad.

The division is won by MSU. Who gets 2nd?

MSU held Nebraska 65 yards below their per game rushing average and under 400 total yards for the game. Nebraska has an offense that can be dangerous, but it's inconsistent. They scored just 17 against Michigan

I thought Nebraska looked very athletic out there today. Can't win though with 5 TO. The scary thing is that Nebraska defense is quite young. A number of freshmen play, I think. Their oline was playing a number of second stringers and opened holes way better than Iowa did against MSU. That said, Nebraska has a great tailback and Iowa.... well not so much. From what I saw today, OSU will gash MSU. And Iowa will have the usual result against Nebraska.

MSU held Nebraska 65 yards below their per game rushing average and under 400 total yards for the game. Nebraska has an offense that can be dangerous, but it's inconsistent. They scored just 17 against Michigan

JD, I'm thinking we are favored by 3 next week and Nebraska is favored by 5 against us. Thoughts? If we go 6-6, we didn't really learn anything. Anyone we beat was garbage and we didn't beat anyone with any substance.

After watching MSU's D get somewhat gashed by Nebs rushing game.....the more I realize how pee poor of a game Iowa played against MSU. Really bad.

The division is won by MSU. Who gets 2nd?

Agree and that is why the non-apologists were upset and disheartened by the offensive effort against MSU especially in the trenches and on the ground.

The interior line was out played/less physical at the point of attack and Weisman ran really soft even before the injury. We all but abandoned the run game. MSU's game plan to beat us is to out tough us and it works.

MSU has a good defense but some have been acting like it is some kind of premiere defense. Well we are about to find out the reality when they go down and take on a real good SEC opponent in their bowl game. They typically get thrashed.

JD, I'm thinking we are favored by 3 next week and Nebraska is favored by 5 against us. Thoughts? If we go 6-6, we didn't really learn anything. Anyone we beat was garbage and we didn't beat anyone with any substance.

The teams that have beaten Iowa are a combined 37-3. The FBS teams that have lost to Iowa are a combined 15-36, excluding Minnesota they are 7-34. Both teams remaining on the schedule are 7-3, so the trend indicates we will lose both.

The teams that have beaten Iowa are a combined 37-3. The FBS teams that have lost to Iowa are a combined 15-36, excluding Minnesota they are 7-34. Both teams remaining on the schedule are 7-3, so the trend indicates we will lose both.

Interesting stats.... Not promising. One would hope we are out pacing the competition in development.

I think it means a couple of things. First we are no longer one of the two worst teams in the B1G as we were the year before. We have taken a step forward. Second we are now middle of the road but have the potential to finish 4th or 5th in the B1G overall behind OSU, Wisky and MSU if we win out. Third we finally had a season where we did not lose a ridiculous game against a truly horrible team.

Because that's how it works, right? You can just 'exclude' the 8-2 team from the W column so that your "trend" of us certainly losing to two 7-3 teams works.

That's clown math, son. You might feel more at home on an ISU board.

8-2 Goofers=anomaly. We thrashed them. Bucky will have some fun with them as well. They can't stop the run.

Latest posts