MSU at IOWA, pre-game thoughts

• Thread starter Ian Pike Hammer
  • Start date
I

Ian Pike Hammer

Sparty beat Mich. with 5 pass completions of over 30 yards, 4 of them going to a freshman WR (his last name is White, I blv). I would imagine they will try the deep ball several times vs us, seeing as how our pass rush is questionable at times.
How do we end our losing streak vs. a better MSU team than ppl are giving them credit for?

Eliminate eliminate mistakes and make the makeables then the Iowa team has a fine chance to win
Really deep down, I guess I'm hoping Phil Parker learned a lesson from the David Bell experiment week 1 at Purdon't. Take away the deep ball and the speedy frosh WR who caught most of them. For God's sake, PLEASE! It would be foolish to think the new coach (Tucker) at MSU, won't go back to it against us.

There was one guy on Perdue we had to stop and he was open literally all day. I don’t think the defense is untalented but they all look confused in coverage. I don’t expect it’s going to get much better this year.

There was one guy on Perdue we had to stop and he was open literally all day. I don’t think the defense is untalented but they all look confused in coverage. I don’t expect it’s going to get much better this year.

The saving grace on this issue is that if guys are just lost and inexperienced, they can get better with coaching. But you can't coach speed.

Of course, the downside is it usually takes a minimum of a year for a LB or DB in our system to actually get it, which is why so many of our great teams have had really good upper classmen patrolling the back 7. You have to just take it as fact that a first year starter probably won't be great and then just hope you get magical seasons with game clutching plays out of guys like Pat Angerer or AJ Edds or Hitchens or Kirksey or whoever.

Sparty beat Mich. with 5 pass completions of over 30 yards, 4 of them going to a freshman WR (his last name is White, I blv). I would imagine they will try the deep ball several times vs us, seeing as how our pass rush is questionable at times.
How do we end our losing streak vs. a better MSU team than ppl are giving them credit for?
Play much much better offense and that's tough when your HC and your OC have no idea what offensive flow is...it's ridiculous, it's embarrassing and other coaching staffs are laughing at us.

Eliminate eliminate mistakes and make the makeables then the Iowa team has a fine chance to win
Honestly, this could be copy and pasted for every game of the Ferentz era. Don't get me wrong, Iowa certainly gameplans and makes adjustments, it's just done within a very small box and, frankly, could easily go unnoticed by even relatively hardcore fans.

Disciplined assignment football, every week. On defense, make the windows of opportunity for the opposing offense really damn small every damn down. On offense, for the run game line up nose to nose and find out if the other guys can out muscle you. For the passing game keep it safe and short - high percentage, no INTs, minimize negative plays. Send one long 2-3 times a game to back the safeties up a couple steps.

Most weeks, this proves enough to keep it +/-10 points, irrespective of relative talent levels.

My only thought about tomorrow is to shoot under 76.
You can do that in Iowa and Wisconsin right now. Temperatures since Tuesday have been close to the score you're trying to shoot and are supposed to hang on through Sunday or Monday depending on what part of the state you live in..

I could shoot 76, but the problem with that is I would still have three holes to play.

You can do that in Iowa and Wisconsin right now. Temperatures since Tuesday have been close to the score you're trying to shoot and are supposed to hang on through Sunday or Monday depending on what part of the state you live in..

I could shoot 76, but the problem with that is I would still have three holes to play.
I’m in Phoenix ;)

I’m in Phoenix ;)
Yes I knew that from numerous previous posts!

And for a few days Iowa is experiencing Phoenix in November, with less traffic.

You will see it tomorrow if you do catch the game.

I'm getting ready to hit the sack its 64° and we have the bedroom window open.

Latest posts