Mrs. McCaffery

mccaffery.jpg

My favorite quote:

But would Fran, in the interest of matrimonial harmony, let his wife win?

"I'd shut her out if I could," he said. "There's only one way to play."

I'll take his competitiveness vs. "Man it sucks to play two teams in a row on senior night..."

Christ, just what this Iowa team DOESN'T need! It's bad enough where the program is currently at, but to throw another voice into the coaching of this team is going to be f*cked. It appears she needs to stick to raising the kids and stay out of our new coach's job. We're so f*cked......

You, my friend, are a loser.

At least Fran will have one supporter in the crowd. I don't understand why everyone's throwing him under the bus before he even gets started.

wow, i dont see any good that can come from this hire

Seriously?

Not after he is the ONLY coach in NCAA history to send 3 different teams in 3 different one-bid leagues to the dance?

Not after he has built those 3 programs from scratch?

Not after he runs an up-tempo offense when we just had to suffer through sitting out on the arc for 30 seconds and jacking up a desperation 3?

Not after he was responsible for recruiting guys like Lephonzo Ellis at Notre Dame?

Not after he has won at literally everywhere he has been at including his college playing days as a point guard at an Ivy League school under a great head coach?

You need to get a clue.

I like everything about the story. We have not had a coach, wife, AD, anybody passionate and fiery about Hawkeye basketball in a long time. I love the fact that we may get that with McCaffery.