Moving the student section...

Totally agree!

Students will come en masse with entertaining basketball and a student section that looks like what they see on tv.

Student Section should also be general admission.

Students will only come if the team wins and is relevant. Its easy to be excited now but its another thing to be excited in January when the team has no chance of making the tourney. Wins drive student attendance, not where their seats are located

I think eventually moving the students would be a great move but imo i dont think if they are moved now it will boost student attendance

I disagree. Why should the students need to prove anything? If anyone has something to prove it's the athletic department in trying convey a fan base that they are serious about restoring this program to where it once was.

LOL! Where it once was and always has been is exactly where it is now in terms of student seating locations. We had loud, full houses and a #1 ranked team, multiple NCAA teams at Iowa, and a great home court advantage with the students exactly where they are now.

The difference between then and now is that the students showed up then.

LOL! Where it once was and always has been is exactly where it is now in terms of student seating locations. We had loud, full houses and a #1 ranked team, multiple NCAA teams at Iowa, and a great home court advantage with the students exactly where they are now.

The difference between then and now is that the students showed up then.

Boom, nailed it

Its been a good 7 or 8 years since the students have shown up in force. Why in the world would we move a group of 200 fans closer to the court? It would be embarrassing unles that number was 2000. It isnt like the current student section seats are terrible.

'06 we went 17-0 at CHA. The students didn't show up then?

I am not trying to say this is the answer to everything. Sure it was fine then, but I think the atmosphere can be improved going forward. Can it really be anymore embarrassing than it was this year? As things currently stand no one goes period.

Latest posts