Move Iowa/Nebbie to Black Friday

Also, are there any other games even on that day traditionally? I would bet Iowa/Nebbie would be the marquee match up that day and would get all kinds of national love.

Texas / Texas A&M play on Black Friday. Game time varies, they either play around 1:00 or 7:00.

Texas / Texas A&M play on Black Friday. Game time varies, they either play around 1:00 or 7:00.

No, they play on Thanksgiving night. They started doing that about 2 years ago and will likely keep playing that night for years to come as it was played then back in the old SWC days and is a big draw for ESPN.

Whoops, my original post was concerned about the high school kids playing, forgot they would be done. Friday works for me as I would already have it off as a company holiday and if I can talk the wife into shopping....they've left me unattended!!

Last edited:
This game better be played Black Friday. We have always played Black Friday. Its great to be the stand alone game, while some people work that day there are a hefty amount that do not and alot of people take vacation that day. It has never been an issue in the past so i dont know why playing Iowa would be any different.

This needs to be done. Just like both sides wanted this rivalry the last weekend, both sides want it on Black Friday.

Latest posts