Move Iowa/Nebbie to Black Friday

Raziel

Nebraska has played a football game on Black Friday for nearly 40 years....they are now playing Iowa on that weekend....right now the game is scheduled for the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but it would be GREAT for this game to get it moved back to Black Friday.

I created a Facebook group, if anyone wants to voice their support. Also, I need a sweet pic for the group....anyone good at photoshopping?

Iowa Vs. Nebraska - Move it to Black Friday! | Facebook

Also, are there any other games even on that day traditionally? I would bet Iowa/Nebbie would be the marquee match up that day and would get all kinds of national love.

Will the students stay in IC?

I wouldn' in IC, but I would come back. But I only live 2 1/2 hours away, so it's not a big deal for me to do that. There are a lot of students who live further away than that. Just leave it on Saturday.

Move it to Friday. Guys want an excuse to be left behind by the wifey on Black Friday, this is it. Plus why go up against a bunch of games when you can be one of the only games on at the moment.

Move it to Friday. Guys want an excuse to be left behind by the wifey on Black Friday, this is it. Plus why go up against a bunch of games when you can be one of the only games on at the moment.

For the program....it would be HUGE for this game to be a stand alone game on Black Friday. If that became a tradition it could become a big selling point for recruits.

Also, I know I'm thinking ahead here, but if Iowa ever makes it to the Big 10 CCG, it would give us an extra day to prepare for that. :D

Just curious, what do you do?

How many people actually work that day?

I mean, as long as you aren't in retail sales.

A lot of people work that day. It's not an actual holiday. I don't work in retail, but our company always has to work the day after Thanksgiving. I would have to use a vacation day just to go to the Iowa game. Please keep it on Saturday!

I think it'll be on Friday. Unless they want to have a tripleheader on Saturday, and since the big ten doesn't like to play Night games in November, I think Iowa/Nebby moves to Friday. There's 3 big bigten games that weekend wisc/penn st, Iowa/neb, Mich/osu. So if you don't want to play at night in the cold weather, your going to move one of those games to friday, cause you definately don't want those games competeting against each other for television sets. The obvious choice would be for nebreska to play on Friday.

I hapen to be one of those who work in retail and it is my own fault but it does suck. Please keep it on Saturday! My best friend is a Neberaska fan and we agreed to go to this game every year and it would be so much fun if it stays on Sat.

It would be better for the Iowa program if it were a 4PM kick on Friday...that would be a major national draw for the Iowa program.

Nebraska has played a football game on Black Friday for nearly 40 years....they are now playing Iowa on that weekend....right now the game is scheduled for the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but it would be GREAT for this game to get it moved back to Black Friday.

I created a Facebook group, if anyone wants to voice their support. Also, I need a sweet pic for the group....anyone good at photoshopping?

Iowa Vs. Nebraska - Move it to Black Friday! | Facebook

Good Idea!

It would be better for the Iowa program if it were a 4PM kick on Friday...that would be a major national draw for the Iowa program.

This would be awesome. I would love to see a scenario where we play Nebby at 4pm on Black Friday. I think the atmosphere would be amazing! The day after thanksgiving, you still have two more days after gameday to unwind. Plus tailgating could include Thanksgiving leftovers!

Latest posts