Mount Rushmore shooting guards 1980 to now

Chris was more a poor man's Pistol Pete. They had similar skill sets.
Eh... I dunno about that. Pete was a ball handler. An extremely slick one at that. Chris wasn't that at all. But he could shoot it deep they both had that part in common. Chris was built too he was a thick chested broad shouldered dude even as a freshman. Pete was a skinny guy always was. But man he could fill it up. Chris wasn't nearly the all around scorer that Pete was but when he was hot he was sure fun to watch.

Adam haluska
Chris Kingsbury
Roy marble
Pete jok

Bobby Hansen could of been on
Cj Fredrick keeps playing couple more years he could be on here

Fredrick has me really excited I agree he's just getting started...
I liked Matt Gatens and Luke Recker too. If Recker would have transfered to us initially instead of going to AZ I'd have been curious to see what another yr would have done for him with us. He fit in well with the group we had at the time.

Eh... I dunno about that. Pete was a ball handler. An extremely slick one at that. Chris wasn't that at all. But he could shoot it deep they both had that part in common. Chris was built too he was a thick chested broad shouldered dude even as a freshman. Pete was a skinny guy always was. But man he could fill it up. Chris wasn't nearly the all around scorer that Pete was but when he was hot he was sure fun to watch.
Iowa vs UConn from the 1995 Great Alaska shootout is airing on BTN right now. Kings bury, coming off the bench because of early season off the court issues, had one of his best games as a Hawkeye.

I will stick by my opinion that Chris was an above average ball handler and passer, especially on the run. You know who else never got credit for being a great passer? World B Free. I think there is a perception that shooters, especially streak shooters like Kingsbury and Free, can’t possibly also be good passers as well. But many good shooters are. Scott Wedman and Kelly Tripucka were good passers as well, so were Kareem and Sir Charles Barkley. Greg Ballard from @HawkGold’s beloved Washington Bullets teams.

Fredrick has me really excited I agree he's just getting started...
I liked Matt Gatens and Luke Recker too. If Recker would have transfered to us initially instead of going to AZ I'd have been curious to see what another yr would have done for him with us. He fit in well with the group we had at the time.
Recker had already used up two years of eligibility at Indiana. Accident or no accident, Arizona or no Arizona he was only going to have two years for us.

Wow, no one has mentioned the most accurate 3-pt shooter in Hawk history-Kent McCausland. This guy cranked in 52% of his 3-pt shots in the 96-97 season and ended up above 45% for his career.

Iowa vs UConn from the 1995 Great Alaska shootout is airing on BTN right now. Kings bury, coming off the bench because of early season off the court issues, had one of his best games as a Hawkeye.

I will stick by my opinion that Chris was an above average ball handler and passer, especially on the run. You know who else never got credit for being a great passer? World B Free. I think there is a perception that shooters, especially streak shooters like Kingsbury and Free, can’t possibly also be good passers as well. But many good shooters are. Scott Wedman and Kelly Tripucka were good passers as well, so were Kareem and Sir Charles Barkley. Greg Ballard from @HawkGold’s beloved Washington Bullets teams.

Huh? What?

Huh? What?
You mentioned those Washington Bullet teams when Wes Unseld passed recently...

You know who else was a prolific scorer and tremendously underrated passer. Mark Aguirre. There are probably dozens of big time scorers and shooters from the past fifty years who were equally good at passing.

Wow, no one has mentioned the most accurate 3-pt shooter in Hawk history-Kent McCausland. This guy cranked in 52% of his 3-pt shots in the 96-97 season and ended up above 45% for his career.

All of us older fans remember that great game he had against Kansas in Lawrence (ending their 62 game home winning streak) his senior year. Iowa got down by 18 in the second half and Kent pretty much shot us to victory, hitting four 3-pointers in the second half, including two down the stretch. The really amazing thing about that game was that we had over 30 turnovers and emerged victorious 85-81. That said, I put Kent in the same category as Kingsbury, a very good player who would occasionally explode with a memorable performance, somewhat tilting our perception of his overall worth. He only averaged 8 points for his career and wouldn't be on my Mt. Rushmore.

Latest posts