Mount Rushmore of power forward 1980 to now

Oh baby is this a loaded position. You have three point shooters, enforcers, rebounding machines. There has seldom been an era when Iowa was treading water at power forward. Even the Lickliter era had Jarryd Cole.

Chris Street will always be a sentimental choice. But he correctly doesn't crack that top four. Nor does Matt Bullard, Ryan Bowen, JR Koch, Russ Millard , Jacob Jaacks or Jarrod Uthoff. And we're talking some long NBA careers here

Aaron White has to be on that team. So who do you remove? I think it has to be Settles.

Ed Horton
Reggie Evans
Greg Brunner (out Jesses Jess)
Aaron White

Yep north it is loaded with white I'm going to put him the 3 . but pick 1980 and up. I thought of Bullard loved the guy . he was injured. That why I pick the players I did .it is a nice conversation.

Unrelated to this discussion but true.

Dean Oliver (!) is still ranked eleventh in all time scoring for Iowa. I know he came in just as Woolridge left and was basically a four year fixture but I don't remember him having that many huge offensive games.

Anyone remember Deano putting up thirty? Even once? Don't remember huge numbers from him, all I remember is sub 40% field goal shooting.

What's even more mind blowing is several recent players have passed him. At the time of his graduation he was ranked SEVENTH!

I agree with you what you are saying about numbers I just liked how he ran the team. Thats the only reason I gave him the nod over jeff it is a. Good conversation nobody right or wrong it is fun to think about former hawkeyes. Another player we should of thought of was the late kenny Arnold.

I agree with you what you are saying about numbers I just liked how he ran the team. Thats the only reason I gave him the nod over jeff it is a. Good conversation nobody right or wrong it is fun to think about former hawkeyes. Another player we should of thought of was the late kenny Arnold.
That's true but I like to look a consistent impact over a career which made it even harder to keep Settles off the team. But White was was a better player and Brunner was tremendously underrated.

There's no denying that Uthoff had a tremendous senior year, even if he didn't finish well, and that we have had a lot of quality B1G level power forwards in forty years.

Sorry, I responded to the wrong post. I meant to respond to the one after you mentioning Uthoff. My tablet sometimes jumps.

Settles - Arrived ready to play. Averaged over 15 pt/gm as a freshman. Back injury was a killer
Aaron White - Was a bit of a sleeper when he got here, but proved he belonged right away. 2nd leading scorer
Greg Brunner - Hard working, slightly undersized, could do it all (probably pushed Uthoff off the mount)
Reggie Evans - In a word, Beast! Only man in consideration who averaged double digit RBs.

Mentions of Ed Horton remind me of that threesome of BJ, Ed and Gamble. Man, what a core to build a team around.

Drummer you remember less jepsen was in that class he redshirted his freshmen. Kevin gamble was JC transfer but you are right great class

Another great list, cant wait to get to PGs.

I have a question, would you consider Kevin Boyle or Vince Brookins a 4? Or were the 2 and 3? Or would Arnold be considered the 2?

I would really consider Boyle or Brookins for my list. But Im not sure either qualify as a PF.

Loved that 3 some of BJ, Horton and Marble.

Ed Horton was my guy. Dude was a beast. But we've had a boat load of them. Would have loved to have seen 4 strait healthy years of Settles. Not to mention Chris Street..... I haven't seen anyone else mention him yet. He would have been in the NBA no doubt about it.

Another great list, cant wait to get to PGs.

I have a question, would you consider Kevin Boyle or Vince Brookins a 4? Or were the 2 and 3? Or would Arnold be considered the 2?

I would really consider Boyle or Brookins for my list. But Im not sure either qualify as a PF.

Loved that 3 some of BJ, Horton and Marble.

Vince was clearly a shooter, a swing guard/small forward (2-3) not a power forward. Boyle might be a 4, he was all about the dirty work and rebounding. Kenny moved between 1-2, could play either. Great mix of players and chemistry on that team.

I was a big fan of Kevin Boyle. Lute was as well. I remember hearing an interview with him talking about seeing him in his first practice, being so impressed and remarking to the other coaches, "What have we got here?!?"