Most enjoyable loss

Now I know no one likes to lose, but we all enjoy certain teams losing especially in embarrassing fashion. What are your favorite loses of college football history? For me it's easily Alabama's losses to Auburn via special teams(kick 6 and missed field goal to tie).

Non Iowa related losses? Bama to OSU in the natty was up there. Bielama and Wisconsin at the Rose Bowl. I have an irrational hatred of the Ducks, and USC, so every time they lose is good. Nebraska getting owned by Wisconsin 70 - 31 in the Big Ten title game. NW losing the Rose Bowl to a #17 ranked USC (they were a held out of the Bowl Alliance championship by a loss in the second game of the year to Miami OH, and skipped OSU, such a team could not have been for real. I mean it's freaking Northwestern! Until that year Iowa hadn'tlost to them in my lifetime.) in heartbreaking fashion was good schadenfreude.

But my favorite is #4 Michigan to Appalachian State in 2007. That was amazing to watch and I laughed so hard.

Fun little fact about that game. No Michigan team has finished the season higher than 9th since that season. Before that season, Michigan had finished the season ranked in 19/20 years. 12/20 years in the top 10. After that season, Michigan had only finished the season ranked 6 times, and only once in the top ten.. That was the day Michigan football died, under a decade removed from their most recent national title.

In football it has to be 2009 at Ohio State, Stanzi was hurt so Iowa was starting the backup Vandenburg. Nobody was was giving Iowa a chance to pull that out especially after seeing how badly the offense flopped when Stanzi left the NW game. But it turned into one hell of a battle and Iowa even had a shot at winning that game in regulation but they sat on the ball with 50 seconds remaining.

I‘ll give you one in basketball too, March 17th 2006. At the time it was a devastating loss but it spelled the beginning of the end for Alford.

In football it has to be 2009 at Ohio State, Stanzi was hurt so Iowa was starting the backup Vandenburg. Nobody was was giving Iowa a chance to pull that out especially after seeing how badly the offense flopped when Stanzi left the NW game. But it turned into one hell of a battle and Iowa even had a shot at winning that game in regulation but they sat on the ball with 50 seconds remaining.

I‘ll give you one in basketball too, March 17th 2006. At the time it was a devastating loss but it spelled the beginning of the end for Alford.
KF turned conservative.

when Lloyd car coached his last game, Michigan beat Urban's Florida. He told urban, when you coach your last game, maybe your players will play this hard for you!

when Lloyd car coached his last game, Michigan beat Urban's Florida. He told urban, when you coach your last game, maybe your players will play this hard for you!

I liked Lloyd Carr. Who knows how Michigan will do this year, but Rodriguez really damaged that program. Man, that 3-3-5 defense was an absolute disaster in conference play.

Latest posts