Most Disappointing Teams So far

longtimer

Saw an Article which listed their choices

Houston 3-3 I guess they thought they would be good
Wisconsin Choice to win West fires their coach
Miami 2-3 Boy they sure used to be good
Michigan State (2-4 I think) Paid the guy a Zillion dollars and turn to crap
Nebraska I guess I expected them to Disappoint but thought Frost would last the year
Texas AM 3-3 they will buy some better players
Oklahoma 3-3 Texas (a good but not great team) 40-0
Arkansas Had to have someone from SEC i guess
Notre Dame 3-3 and just lost to 1-4 Stanford at home Can they fire him after a year? Campbell hopes so

Didn't include Iowa but they sure make my list. Have been a fan for over 50 years and have gone through some rough times but this offense may be the worst I remember

Iowa State Last years disappointment but still 0-4 in Big 12. Really snake bit. Lost 4 games by a total of like 14 points and not been the favorite of the Refs. Campbell maybe doesn't have a way out now?

Notre Dame 3-3 and just lost to 1-4 Stanford at home Can they fire him after a year? Campbell hopes so
Campbell hasn’t done shit other than get people’s hopes up and be an average coach. Notre Dame ain’t going after him.

He had one unicorn year that also included three losses. Other than that he hasn’t done dick. I don’t understand the hype some people give him.

ISU can’t close. Their record in one score games has to be atrocious the last two years.. Death, taxes and ISU fucking up late in a close game are the 3 guarantees in life.

Last edited:
ISU can’t close. Their record in one score games has to be a atrocious the last two years.. Death, taxes and ISU fucking up late in a close game are the 3 guarantees life.
With the exception of their Iowa game!

Nebraska I guess I expected them to Disappoint but thought Frost would last the year

Didn't include Iowa but they sure make my list. Have been a fan for over 50 years and have gone through some rough times but this offense may be the worst I remember

Iowa State Last years disappointment but still 0-4 in Big 12. Really snake bit. Lost 4 games by a total of like 14 points and not been the favorite of the Refs. Campbell maybe doesn't have a way out now?
I think all of these teams were top 25 preseason, some even top 10. Iowa was not so I wouldn't put them on a list of the most disappointing. That said, we have been less than expected, for sure.

ISU can’t close. Their record in one score games has to be a atrocious the last two years.. Death, taxes and ISU fucking up late in a close game are the 3 guarantees life.
...don't forget Debbie under Frostie-boy

With the exception of their Iowa game!
I was think about that yesterday when I had their game on. I'm sure some of those guys are going to graduate and reminisce years later about the time they beat Iowa. The ONE time they beat Iowa.

Campbell hasn’t done shit other than get people’s hopes up and be an average coach. Notre Dame ain’t going after him.

He had one unicorn year that also included three losses. Other than that he hasn’t done dick. I don’t understand the hype some people give him.
Exactly.
My isu friends are delusional about his coaching skill.
He lost his window of opportunity for a coaching upgrade.

Once the big 12 loses OU and TX he'll be at his skill level when the conference is MVC 2.0.

Exactly.
My isu friends are delusional about his coaching skill.
He lost his window of opportunity for a coaching upgrade.

Once the big 12 loses OU and TX he'll be at his skill level when the conference is MVC 2.0.
Funny you say that w ISU being winless in the12 and a win over Iowa. Big 12 last few years far and away better than Big West and that without TX and OK being great.

Funny you say that w ISU being winless in the12 and a win over Iowa. Big 12 last few years far and away better than Big West and that without TX and OK being great.
funny how you ISU fans get on here and defend Campbell and their close losses, when Iowa is the king of close losses. (and close wins) Seems the Golden Boy in Ames is trying to emulate the Ferentz style of play.

And Fry is right, Campbell will be at ISU until they fire him. His ship has sailed. He took a top ten team with quite a bit of NFL talent and went 7-6. (again, quite a bit like Ferentz) Other than the "Covid Year Mirage", ISU has been nothing special at all.

Get over the refs bullshit. Coaches make dumb ass calls throughout a game, players make tons of mistakes, but always seems it is the referee's fault when a team loses. Keep in mind now that the refs are the lowest paid people on the field.

funny how you ISU fans get on here and defend Campbell and their close losses, when Iowa is the king of close losses. (and close wins) Seems the Golden Boy in Ames is trying to emulate the Ferentz style of play.

And Fry is right, Campbell will be at ISU until they fire him. His ship has sailed. He took a top ten team with quite a bit of NFL talent and went 7-6. (again, quite a bit like Ferentz) Other than the "Covid Year Mirage", ISU has been nothing special at all.
If you think I'm an ISU fan you would be sorely mistaken. Sorely. In the 50s we had people accused of being commies. On here Hawk fans being accused of being clowns.

When the Hawks lost to NDSU it was almost like an excuse to say that NDSU was the best FCS. Best or not they are FCS.

Given they shut down Iowa at Home I am disappointed that the Clowns are winless. Not sure any Big 12 team could be M or OSU, but on their turf, who knows. It does seem the terrible Big 12 doesn't have any teams as bad as Rutgers or NW. I would guess that most 12 teams would contend for the West and do pretty well in the east. Last years 12 bowl record doesn't look like a fluke at this point.

If KF hadn't stumbled on Banks and then had Tate (who was for sure not a game manager), KF might be an asterisk.

Last edited:
Get over the refs bullshit. Coaches make dumb ass calls throughout a game, players make tons of mistakes, but always seems it is the referee's fault when a team loses. Keep in mind now that the refs are the lowest paid people on the field.

Wrong. The guy in the red hat who signals the end of the commercial break makes less. And H20 Distribution Engineers typically don't make too much, either.

Funny how you brought up the BIG and I was talking about how average Campbell is at coaching.
Funny how you talk about Campbell's one win over Iowa.
Funny how you cherry-pick stats and pick just the West and not all of the BIG.

Funny how you brought up the BIG and I was talking about how average Campbell is at coaching.
Funny how you talk about Campbell's one win over Iowa.
Funny how you cherry-pick stats and pick just the West and not all of the BIG.
You are barking up the wrong tree. I listened to part of an ISU game when ISU lost to OSU...for the Orange Bowl. Dexter Green was RB. I wasn't very 9ld. Haven't seen a game or listened since if not Iowa. To study ag I had to chose between ISU and going out of state. I went out of state.

Iowa's 3 wins are over NV, SDSU and Rutgers. It's very disappointing that Iowa got shut out on O by a zero win in conference conference.

If one loses to clowns you'd hope they were pretty good.

Are you trying to make an ass of yourself cause you are doing pretty good.

Anyone doing what he has done w clowns can't be bad.

Last edited:

Campbell will be long gone before ISU ever gets to the point were they have to fire him. Thats a goddamn guarantee.

Latest posts