Moss Visiting Kansas

Hope he lands somewhere that will work for him. As a Hawk, there were games when he was hitting and Fran would rotate him out and you had to wonder WTH. If that was his displeasure, I could sure understand him wanting to transfer. On the other hand, there were games where he just looked lost on offense and defense. Those games I get Fran rotating him out. My guess is wherever he ends up, we will see similar results from Moss.

I wish Moss the best and hope he does well wherever he ends up. However, if people think he's magically going to turn into a new player they're being naïve. Moss is what he is and that's a guy who can occasionally light it up from deep. He's not a good defender. He's not much of a threat to take it to the hoop. There are too many times where he's so passive on the court that you forget he's out there.

I would certainly prefer to have him on the team this season, but people thinking that because a lot of teams have interest in him means he's a better player than he really is are mistaken. This is silly season. There are a lot of teams needing players and not very many quality ones out there. Of course the players that aren't terrible are going to have a lot of interest, especially when they don't have to sit out a year. Demand far exceeds supply and that's what you're seeing with Moss.

He's not going to Iowa State or the B1G. He's narrowed his list to Kansas, Arkansas, Arizona State and Oregon. There's that info and quotes from his dad in the story by Derek Piper.
Do you think any of these schools would be interested in Connor?

Kansas could make some sense strictly because they lost a lot of shooting to transfers and the draft. But if Moss thinks Fran was impatient with him just wait until he pisses off Bill Self and Self decides to bench him for a 5 star freshman.

And if he decides to go to ASU, Bobby Hurley isn't exactly a picnic.

Really? That’s what you get from that, nice try but that don’t mean anything...

“He really wanted to stay close to home,” Mike Moss said. “But he didn’t want to disrespect Iowa fans by getting back in the Big Ten. He has a fan base for life with that school. Iowa State was the same. He couldn’t go there either because of that. He also has all the respect in the world for Coach McCaffery.”

“He really wanted to stay close to home,” Mike Moss said. “But he didn’t want to disrespect Iowa fans by getting back in the Big Ten. He has a fan base for life with that school. Iowa State was the same. He couldn’t go there either because of that. He also has all the respect in the world for Coach McCaffery.”

My guess is that even a direct quote from his dad still wont shut some people up

The fact that Kansas is entertaining Moss...is this more of a reflection of where Kansas is now as a program? Would be sick though if he went there and tore it up.

I struggle writing this because I don’t like to be too critical of an individual player (I will call out a team as a whole) at the college level. I don’t think I am being overly harsh in stating this, though, so here goes.

I am perplexed as to why KU would even have him visit. I like him and will pull for him, but I never saw him play the kind of defense one time (maybe that is an exaggeration) that is a requirement virtually every time the other team has the ball at KU. If you don’t play D at KU, you don’t play for KU. It is that simple.

I would think Self could watch tape and realize that. Am I wrong? Does he play solid and intense defense?

I struggle writing this because I don’t like to be too critical of an individual player (I will call out a team as a whole) at the college level. I don’t think I am being overly harsh in stating this, though, so here goes.

I am perplexed as to why KU would even have him visit. I like him and will pull for him, but I never saw him play the kind of defense one time (maybe that is an exaggeration) that is a requirement virtually every time the other team has the ball at KU. If you don’t play D at KU, you don’t play for KU. It is that simple.

I would think Self could watch tape and realize that. Am I wrong? Does he play solid and intense defense?

Maybe what other coaches think of Fran s ability to develop players is differeny than ours.

What games were you watching? Moss was definitely our best defender.

What games were you watching? Moss was definitely our best defender.

I didn’t say he wasn’t our best defense of player. What I said was, “I never saw him play the kind of defense one time (maybe that is an exaggeration) that is a requirement virtually every time the other team has the ball at KU.”

I live in Kansas City so I’m fairly familiar with KU. My question stands. Has anyone seen the kind of defense from Moss that one would expect to see at Kansas?

Latest posts