Moss Defense

Healzya

What got him so fired up. His defense vs Illini was amazing. Denying the ball well outside the 3 point line, fighting through screens, and I don't think his man ever got around him. Looked like a completely different player out there. Seemed really pissed off or something.

What got him so fired up. His defense vs Illini was amazing. Denying the ball well outside the 3 point line, fighting through screens, and I don't think his man ever got around him. Looked like a completely different player out there. Seemed really pissed off or something.
Maybe the fact he was having a homecoming inspired him.

He's a great player when he wants to be. Heck, you can say that about several guys, including Cook. Cook played with a lot more fire and heart.

It is a long season and these kids get worn down with the practices, injuries and academics. Maybe Iowa will get their second win in these next few games.

It wasn't just him either. Cook seemed on a mission like we haven't seen in 10 games. A couple games ago I pointed out how slow the players were rotating with the zone. They looked like robots going through the motions. One of the first things I noticed last night was Bohannon sprinting to get to his spot in the rotations. Such a huge difference and I have no idea how it goes away so easily at times.

Now if only he could make another 3 pointer. We really could use Moss’s offense against Michigan.

It wasn't just him either. Cook seemed on a mission like we haven't seen in 10 games. A couple games ago I pointed out how slow the players were rotating with the zone. They looked like robots going through the motions. One of the first things I noticed last night was Bohannon sprinting to get to his spot in the rotations. Such a huge difference and I have no idea how it goes away so easily at times.
Moss and Cook need to watch some game tape on the hundreds of players who are able to "bring it" each and every game. Or watch these same players when they get into the NBA.

And they need a Michael Jordan type team leader who "brings it" in practice and games, all the time, and if not, dogs their asses to shame. Coaches are supposed to be responsible for this of course, by limiting playing time, sitting someone out.

He’s from Illinois..,gets up for them. And I agree. He had a good game.

It wasn't just him either. Cook seemed on a mission like we haven't seen in 10 games. A couple of games ago I pointed out how slow the players were rotating with the zone. They looked like robots going through the motions. One of the first things I noticed last night was Bohannon sprinting to get to his spot in the rotations. Such a huge difference and I have no idea how it goes away so easily at times.

D-E-S-I-R-E.

College bball is evolving toward an NBA type game, fans want to see points scored. You can tell by the recent rule changes, which, for the most part, all favor the offensive player. Admit it, wouldn't you love to see Iowa and Mich play a 110-109 game? racehorse, up and down the court, each team draining 20 three pointers? I'll b honest and say, "Yeah! I'd love to see that!"

High school players are very aware of it, just like in MLB, more emphasis is placed on home run hitter than those who hit for average. Big boppers who hit 25 HR's a year make the big bucks, EVEN AFTER THEIR FIRST YEAR IN THE LEAGUE! Back in the day, you felt [at least alittle] shame walking back to the dugout after striking out- not even putting the ball in play. No-one blinks when that happens now. You didn't get big $ until you proved yourself in the league 3 or 4 years.
Times, they are a-changin'!

Anyway, FAR more emphasis is placed on scoring in the NBA these days. If you are a high school kid looking to advance, many are apathetic about "D" at the next []college] level and must "buy into it", which many don't. Look at the Melo brothers, their dad told them from grade school, score as many points in every game as you can. Forget about being a team player. That's what I heard, anyway. Look at the results.

Latest posts