Morris

And yet the question goes unanswered so Rockhawk in case you haven't heard yet:

"starting middle linebacker and Big Ten No.1 tackler James Morris didn’t play because of an ankle that he sprained at Penn State. A knee injury prevented starting defensive tackle Thomas Nardo from playing. Also missing were linebacker Anthony Hitchens (knee) and running back Jordan Canzeri (hamstring)" - according to HawkCentral

Research in this case would include a) reading a Hawkeye message board b) having a twitter account c) watching the game or d) listening to the game on the radio. So by me having no life means 98.2% of Hawkeye fans have no life. I will live with that

Research in this case would include a) reading a Hawkeye message board b) having a twitter account c) watching the game or d) listening to the game on the radio. So by me having no life means 98.2% of Hawkeye fans have no life. I will live with that

Or you could a) Not be a dooshbag and just answer the question

Last edited:

1. I drove back from Corydon this afternoon (I cover the high school team for a class project), and left my computer in Iowa City, so no message boards.

2. I shut off all phone alerts on Twitter before coming to the stadium (the towers are so overloaded at games that I'll get tweets in the third quarter that were actually sent out in pregame).

3. How the hell does watching the game tell us what's wrong? He watched the game and wondered why Morris didn't play.

4. I was at the game. No radio.

I had no clue what was going on, either.

What is everyone's thoughts on playing Neilsen at the middle and sliding Morris out to Neilsen's spot when he is able to play again? I think Neilsen gives the team a little more bulk up the middle and Morris may have little more speed on the outside.
Also, I was pretty impressed with Donatell tonight. Thought he stepped in and played a good game.

What is everyone's thoughts on playing Neilsen at the middle and sliding Morris out to Neilsen's spot when he is able to play again? I think Neilsen gives the team a little more bulk up the middle and Morris may have little more speed on the outside.
Also, I was pretty impressed with Donatell tonight. Thought he stepped in and played a good game.

Donatell is ten times better than Castillo, although he did get beat deep once.

Neilsen is HORRIFIC in Pass Coverage, and got beat numerous times by Ebert on third down.

Donatell is ten times better than Castillo, although he did get beat deep once.

Neilsen is HORRIFIC in Pass Coverage, and got beat numerous times by Ebert on third down.

Donatell is at LB and Castillo is at CB. You're comparing a bit of apples to oranges there, but I thought this was one of Castillo's better games. I specifically recall him breaking up a deep ball. I also thought Donatell had a very solid game tonight and made a lot of solid tackles in space and held up well as an undersized LB...but I'm not sure what the story is w/ taking him out and putting Alston in the middle, unless they felt NW was getting too much on the ground and wanted more beef in the middle.

Nielsen is a LB covering Ebert, a WR. If the WR can't beat the LB, that WR sucks or that LB is a stud. Nielsen's coverage isn't terrible for a LB, but he will almost always have trouble staying w/ WR's. He usually does a decent job and while the pass catcher (WR, RB or TE) often catches the ball, they seldom get any YAC. It's frustrating to watch, but he's competent in coverage.

Lowery also got significant minutes in nickel and looked rusty. Interesting seeing Alston at MLB. I don't have any memories of Alston doing anything particularly good or bad, but could definitely be wrong.

Is McCall hurt? Doghouse? Was he in and I just didn't notice? Hate to harp on it, but if you're going to burn the RS, it would be good to see him on the field. I understand he fumbled and they may be leery, but eventually they need to stick him in there.

Donatell is at LB and Castillo is at CB. You're comparing a bit of apples to oranges there, but I thought this was one of Castillo's better games. I specifically recall him breaking up a deep ball. I also thought Donatell had a very solid game tonight and made a lot of solid tackles in space and held up well as an undersized LB...but I'm not sure what the story is w/ taking him out and putting Alston in the middle, unless they felt NW was getting too much on the ground and wanted more beef in the middle.

Nielsen is a LB covering Ebert, a WR. If the WR can't beat the LB, that WR sucks or that LB is a stud. Nielsen's coverage isn't terrible for a LB, but he will almost always have trouble staying w/ WR's. He usually does a decent job and while the pass catcher (WR, RB or TE) often catches the ball, they seldom get any YAC. It's frustrating to watch, but he's competent in coverage.

Lowery also got significant minutes in nickel and looked rusty. Interesting seeing Alston at MLB. I don't have any memories of Alston doing anything particularly good or bad, but could definitely be wrong.

Is McCall hurt? Doghouse? Was he in and I just didn't notice? Hate to harp on it, but if you're going to burn the RS, it would be good to see him on the field. I understand he fumbled and they may be leery, but eventually they need to stick him in there.

McCall broke his ankle in Week 1. Might be back next week though. I think perhaps you're thinking of Canzeri? He tweaked a hamstring this week.