Morris Named Finalist For Wuerffel Trophy

HawkeyeHypnosis

Morris Named Finalist For Wuerffel Trophy - Iowa Official Athletic Site

From article:

FORT WALTON BEACH, Florida -- University of Iowa senior linebacker James Morris has been named a finalist for the 2013 Wuerffel Trophy. The All Sports Association and the Wuerffel Trophy announced the 12 finalists Monday. The winner of the 2013 Wuerffel Trophy will be announced Tuesday, Dec. 10.

The Wuerffel Trophy is named in honor of former Heisman Trophy winner Danny Wuerffel, who led Florida to the 1996 national title before playing in the NFL for six years. The trophy is presented each year to the college football player who best combines exemplary community service with outstanding academic and athletic achievement.

I don't post here hardly ever anymore... but I had to ask.... They named an award after Danny Wuerrfel??????????? THE Danny Wuerffel? Is there something significant about him other than him winning a Heisman?

He is really dedicated to religion now, and I guess he is a nice guy. So I guess its a Wuerffwhile distinction.

Previous winners include Rudy Niswanger, and Tim Hiller whose 367 passing yards and 3 touchdowns in a 2007 Western Michigan win over Iowa was not important enough to recognize on his wikipedia page. So there.

Last edited:

Latest posts