Morehouse/Brown Tweeting Open Competition at QB

Admit it Hawk fans, had CJB been starting this whole time Iowa would be a one loss team (Minn. maybe). Anyone who can't see that either doesn't know football, or is blind.

CJ already said he feels it has been an open competition since they began preparing for the bowl game. KF knows the fan base is unsettled and his only chance of getting BF to the OC position is to start winning again. KF is no longer motivated by job security or money (thanks to Barta). He is motivated by getting Brian the HC position when he retires. Iowa is going to destroy Tennessee on Friday. Go CJ go!!!

One QB gets the entire season to audition for his future and the other's fate will be determined in part of one half............sounds fair to me.

Quite honestly I don't know how any fan can determine which is the better QB given the little time that one QB has had to show his abilities under actual game pressure and a variety of situations. Why wouldn't you give the start to CJ and let him have the entire game if the team responds and plays well? If he doesn't you bring in Rudock. This splitting time in the first half stuff and announcing it to the world is like tryouts for the Little League........gotta make sure and play all the boys or their Dads will be calling that evening.

Here's an idea, just start CJ. I read these per drive stats on another board. CJ averaged about .66 points per drive more and that would have been enough to make us 11-1.

CJ averaged 2.3 Net points per drive

Jake averaged 1.67 Net points per drive

CJ averaged .04 Turnovers per drive

Jake averaged .13 Turnovers per drive

Here's an idea, just start CJ. I read these per drive stats on another board. CJ averaged about .66 points per drive more and that would have been enough to make us 11-1.

CJ averaged 2.3 Net points per drive

Jake averaged 1.67 Net points per drive

CJ averaged .04 Turnovers per drive

Jake averaged .13 Turnovers per drive

Good stats there. Imagine if CJ had more experience and cupcakes to help pad his stats.

It doesn't matter who the starting QB is...it seems the best one is always the one on the bench for most of us.

Let's think on that for a moment. It's true that we've often called for the backup. It's also true that we've been right more often than not.

Banks>McCann (although McCann always got a bad rap, IMO)
Stanzi>Christensen
Rudock>Vandy

I don't know if fans were calling for Tate over Chandler, but they would have been right in that instance, too. The only time we've been wrong to date has been calling for Christensen as the 2006 season was coming to a close. Contrary to coaches' and a few apologists opinions, the fans aren't stupid.

How are they going to open up the competition again when, as we were led to believe, it's been open all year? Could it be that Clueless lied to everybody, including CJ, again? No way, he's such a nice, honest fellow. He would never do that.

JR is a 24 game starter, and CJB has started once. The fact that there's any question at all between the two says that you go with CJB all the way a couple games to see if his performance actually improves with experience, unlike the stagnant 2 year veteran.

JR is a 24 game starter, and CJB has started once. The fact that there's any question at all between the two says that you go with CJB all the way a couple games to see if his performance actually improves with experience, unlike the stagnant 2 year veteran.

Exactly. Any other coach in the nation would do the same, or would have made the change a long time ago. Every coach, except our clueless wonder. The fact that this is even happening is more reason he should be fired after this season.

I tell you what would not surprise me for one minute, is to see thin skinned Kirk plot revenge by giving CJ the idea that things are open for competition by actually splitting time in the "Bowl Championship".....and then reverting right back to same old same old next year where CJ gets the shaft.....thus setting him back another year career wise. That's why you will never see me refer to Ferentz as "Captain" Kirk....that moniker is waaaaay too enduring for my liking given his arrogant actions. Sorry, but you can donate tons of money to a University hospital, but still be a condescending jerk behind the scenes.

And this would be my exact fear if I was CJB.. That KF would tell me what I want to hear, maybe even let me play most, or all of the bowl game.. Just to keep me from transferring because he knows he'd be SOL without me in the program if Rudock gets injured in 2015. KF still needs a backup.

Note: That doesn't necessarily mean I think that is true, but that would be my fear, given the way I think CJB got jerked around by KF this year.

Bottom line: If I had already been considering transfer, I would probably still transfer regardless of the bowl game. But that's just me. One game wouldn't really change much.

Will be interesting to see how this all shakes out, including next year, if CJB is still with the program.

Latest posts