Morehouse article

I just love how the astral spirit bodies of Joe Montana and Dan Marino simultaneously enter the body of whatever ISU QB happens to be playing against Iowa.

Morehouse is dead wrong about JR's miss of #87 breaking open on a post corner route. I re-watched it. JR pump-faked right as #87 broke open, but then decided to dump off to #17, which wound up in an incomplete pass. The reason JR didn't throw to #87 is because he screwed up his footwork by panicking in the pocket and leaving while the protection was good. Again, Morehouse is just flat wrong about that and it softens the error that JR made on that play that cost us the go ahead touchdown. Just flat out wrong description of the chain of events on that play.

Morehouse's quote is: "Third-and-5: Rudock felt some pressure and climbed the pocket. Finally, an ISU defender was in his face. Rudock tried to squeeze another one into Hillyer. This time, Sam E. Richardson was all over it. Incomplete. Field goal to tie it. TE Jake Duzey broke open for a ball that would’ve put Iowa inside the ISU 5, but the clock started ticking early from the pressure. No way Rudock saw him. Plus, he didn’t turn until late, maybe 20 yards down the field."

you think he was serious when he wrote that a lot of times all the Iowa receivers were covered. I'm not familiar with his work to know what to make of that comment. Hard to believe that ISU's dback are that good.

still sometimes a QB should just put the ball in there and let the WR get it. See E. Carolina Game.

you think he was serious when he wrote that a lot of times all the Iowa receivers were covered. I'm not familiar with his work to know what to make of that comment. Hard to believe that ISU's dback are that good.

still sometimes a QB should just put the ball in there and let the WR get it. See E. Carolina Game.

<sarcasm>Hmm, sounds risky & like a good way to get benched.</sarcasm>

I don't know if he was being sarcastic or not. But he's a professional writer and I have no choice but to take his ****** literally.

I just love how the astral spirit bodies of Joe Montana and Dan Marino simultaneously enter the body of whatever ISU QB happens to be playing against Iowa.

Wrong! Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl so it is clearly not his spirit. Laces out Dan!

How difficult is it to run a play action pass? Fake a handoff to Mark Weisman, throw the ball to wide open Willies. Get rid of Greg Davis TODAY. Davis is an absolute failure to strategize plays that work.

How difficult is it to run a play action pass? Fake a handoff to Mark Weisman, throw the ball to wide open Willies. Get rid of Greg Davis TODAY. Davis is an absolute failure to strategize plays that work.

I think the blame needs to go one level higher. While I'm not sure Greg is the answer as an O coordinator, it's plainly obvious that the problems begin and end at the very top when he may overrule Greg on any play that he may want to call in because it's not careful enough.

What's that? 9 men in the box. Lets run it up the middle instead of play action over the top for a big gain.

At some point, CJB will play and start (if he doesn't transfer), and we'll all wonder how and why Ferentz didn't play him sooner. Yeah, he'll make some mistakes but at least he won't check down 80% of the time.

At some point, CJB will play and start (if he doesn't transfer), and we'll all wonder how and why Ferentz didn't play him sooner. Yeah, he'll make some mistakes but at least he won't check down 80% of the time.
If he doesn't play this year on this dumpster fire of an offense, he will and should transfer.

Latest posts