More Trouble Brewing at Ohio State?

And HotMic, who I think is an admin over there, is in total denial of what has gone on and does not think Tressel will be canned.

That fanbase loves to throw grenades at the SEC and any other school accused of cheating, but they start to play the classless game if other schools start doing it to them.

Im loving every second of OSU's possible demise.

Ohio State facing another potential scandal

Consider that every scholarship athlete in every sport at Ohio State must file paperwork with the compliance department stating what they drive, where they purchased it and how they financed it.

It's a great system, provided someone reads the paperwork.

Ohio State finally got around to that with Kniffin and his employer sometime after the 2008 season, when it barred them from attending on the players' pass list because school rules prohibit players giving tickets to anyone they do business with.

Yet this is how The Dispatch quoted Ohio State compliance director Doug Archie: "I have nothing to believe a violation has occurred."

Really? Nothing?

Sounds like Archie has a little Jughead in him.

To review: It's against Ohio State rules for players to give tickets to someone they do business with, and the car guys received tickets to seven games, but there's "nothing to believe a violation has occurred."

Consider that every scholarship athlete in every sport at Ohio State must file paperwork with the compliance department stating what they drive, where they purchased it and how they financed it.

Ohio State finally got around to that with Kniffin and his employer sometime after the 2008 season, when it barred them from attending on the players' pass list because school rules prohibit players giving tickets to anyone they do business with.

Yet this is how The Dispatch quoted Ohio State compliance director Doug Archie: "I have nothing to believe a violation has occurred."

Really? Nothing?

To review: It's against Ohio State rules for players to give tickets to someone they do business with, and the car guys received tickets to seven games, but there's "nothing to believe a violation has occurred."

Well technically, that may be true. I assume that by "violation", they mean it's not an NCAA violation to give tickets to a person that you do business with. I don't know if it is or not, but I'm sure that's what they meant.

Really? Nothing?

Putting aside my personal feelings about Ohio State and looking at the situation objectively this screams loss of institutional control. IMHO

Latest posts