More on RB situation

I just took some time to watch his HS film over at Rivals and I'm really impressed. I don't know if he was just always playing WAY inferior defenses but he put up over 1400 rushing yards and 21 TDs as a senior. His style and instincts remind me a lot of a slower, less dynamic Reggie Bush. He has a penchant for making guys miss and on more than one occasion completely reversed field and made a bunch of guys miss. Not a lot of power running and virtually no footage of him bouncing off tacklers, but a lot of jukes, cutbacks, and flailing defenders flying past him as they try to arm tackle him.

This is a youtube link to the Dematha v. Gilman game last year. Coker rushed for 392 yards and 5 tds against a very good team (2 other Iowa recruits are on defense for Gilman –Jim Poggi LB and Anthony Ferguson DE). There is one play at around 1 minute in where he breaks two tackles at the line of scrimmage and then runs away from the rest for 80 yards. This is impressive to me. He is 34 in white.

Enjoy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDYDqguGW-I]YouTube - DeMatha vs. Gilman[/ame]

Well that's all fine and well but it doesn't do much to answer the question why they have a negative perception of Paki in the first place. That doesn't just happen out of thin air.

All the guy has done is walk on here, worked hard, excelled on special teams, and played when given the opportunity.

Most people would point to two plays: (1) failing to get a first down on a critical third down conversion against Pitt(?) in 2008 by trying to side step a defender instead of just going forward; and (2) the fumble (and overall unimpressive performance) against UNI in 2009. I am not saying it is right to bash on him. He has done a great job on special teams and clearly is everything the Iowa program is about (namely, hard work).

Well that's all fine and well but it doesn't do much to answer the question why they have a negative perception of Paki in the first place. That doesn't just happen out of thin air.

All the guy has done is walk on here, worked hard, excelled on special teams, and played when given the opportunity.

He's had a history of fumbling, even in games we won. that is why I think the hate, personally I do not understand it. then again the "hate" for him some times just feeds off it self. just like hype builds hype IE read most any preseaon write up on the hawks. Hate breeds hate.

Latest posts