More IL football recruits on Iowa radar 4/23

All I know is that he listed a lot of top recruits that I doubt Iowa has a shot on, but hopefully I'm wrong.

We should clean up in Illannoy with the coaching change

How'd that work out for KF last time illannoy changed coaches?
Bain, Doering, Richardson, and Christensen all say hi.

How'd that work out for KF last time illannoy changed coaches?
Bain, Doering, Richardson, and Christensen all say hi.
It did work out for this guy, right? :)

211100105045_orange_bowl_georgia_tech_v_iowa.jpg

Isaac is the best running back in his class and has been rumored to be a USC lean. I'm sure Kiffin will find a way to entice the young man.

Richardson turned out fine, and I think you're forgetting some guy name Moeaki. I heard he was pretty good.

So y'all are willing to feign amnesia about four out of five illannoy "studs" that KF landed, all because Moeaki had 1.5 good seasons and now plays for the Chief when he isn't hurt?
OK, fellers. Keep slugging that KF-Koolaid.
I'll be over here, keeping it real.

So y'all are willing to feign amnesia about four out of five illannoy "studs" that KF landed, all because Moeaki had 1.5 good seasons and now plays for the Chief when he isn't hurt?
OK, fellers. Keep slugging that KF-Koolaid.
I'll be over here, keeping it real.

Illinois is an important recruiting area for Iowa.

Just looking at the 2009 depth charts you had the following Illinois starters:

Moeaki
Bulaga
Richardson
Donahue
Morse

That's 2 of the 5 starters on the o-line and that list doesn't include backups (Gettis, Doering, Zusevics) who were from Illinois.

Looking through the recruiting lists, it seems Iowa's Illinois recruiting really tailed off in 2008 and 2009 which are also not coincidentally two of Iowa's weakest classes under Ferentz.

There is no feigning amnesia. Some of those players didn't work out. Just like some of the kids from Iowa didn't work out, or Ohio, or Michigan, or anywhere else. You don't stop recruiting places just because a few kids didn't work out. By that logic Iowa never should have recruited Bulaga since Doering and Richardson couldn't stay healthy. Or Iowa should never recruit a 5 star player again since not a single one has worked out under Ferentz.