More Bad News in Ronald McDonald Land

WinOneThisCentury

AMES, Iowa (AP) -- Iowa State says right tackle Jacob Gannon has left the team just two days before it hosts No. 20 Kansas State.

Cyclones spokesman Mike Green tells The Associated Press on Thursday that Gannon quit for ''personal reasons.''

Gannon, a three-time academic All-Big 12 selection, started eight games last season and was in the lineup for last week's 34-14 season-opening loss to North Dakota State. Highly-touted redshirt freshman Jake Campos is expected to start in place of Gannon.

Drew Ott was seen licking his chops in the new Hawkeye Football complex.

Campos can block four rushers all by himself. Plus Rhoads will keep talking to him after he commits to doing something.

I've never visited ISU's board, but the morons that come on here are usually delusional. Has there been a run on Home Depot for pitchforks and torches yet? Clown fans, pay cash...Home Depot is selling your credit card information right now.

This means we have no chance to win as they will have the top ranked player from each of the last 2 years starting for them- they are so proud. Why even play the game?

I assumed this thread was about McDonald's dropping Southwest Chicken Wraps from the menu.

#disappointed

AMES, Iowa (AP) -- Iowa State says right tackle Jacob Gannon has left the team just two days before it hosts No. 20 Kansas State.

Cyclones spokesman Mike Green tells The Associated Press on Thursday that Gannon quit for ''personal reasons.''

Gannon, a three-time academic All-Big 12 selection, started eight games last season and was in the lineup for last week's 34-14 season-opening loss to North Dakota State. Highly-touted redshirt freshman Jake Campos is expected to start in place of Gannon.

much like

Well that explains everything right there. A WISE guy ehhhhhh. :)

No matter how much bad news comes spewing out of the Inferiority Complex, and no matter how awful they play in their first couple games, never underestimate what Pembrick Jummerly will do against Iowa at Kinnick next week.
Who is Pembrick Jummerly? He's a fictitious character I thought of a few years ago. Just like Rolo Tomassi in the movie L.A. Confidential. He's a come out of nowhere, super human, clown overachiever, phenom derived from their Hilton Magic, we hate you more than you hate us, Beat Iowa!!, Jamie Pollard-Paul Rhoads ***-clown, rah-rah, b.s. mindset (Actually, I thought of Pembrick Jummerly because it just sounds like a typical, lame clown name. They always seem to have someone on their roster whose first or last name sounds like it.)
We've seen this same scenario time after time. On paper, Iowa is a 3 touchdown favorite and the clowns look terrible leading up to the game. But then, enter Pembrick Jummerly. He'll account for at least 13 points on his own. If not for a miracle one-handed interception by B.J. Lowery last year, Pembrick Jummerly was ready to take over (he must have been back in our locker room stealing something at the moment). Why did Mike Gesell miss his free throws down the stretch last year? Pembrick Jummerly. Why did Brad Banks fumble in the '02 game? Pembrick Jummerly. Who keyed my car and ripped my Iowa bumper sticker during the game the last time the clowns were in Iowa City? Pembrick Jummerly. I could go on. John Neal? Steel Jantz? No, Pembrick Jummerly. We all know exactly who he is, I just finally named him.
I'm not saying Iowa is going to lose, just remember to factor him in:
Iowa 38 Clowns 10 Pembrick Jummerly 13

A t-shirt would be cool:
Beat State
(and Pembrick Jummerly)

^^
busey_clapping.gif

Last edited:
No matter how much bad news comes spewing out of the Inferiority Complex, and no matter how awful they play in their first couple games, never underestimate what Pembrick Jummerly will do against Iowa at Kinnick next week.
Who is Pembrick Jummerly? He's a fictitious character I thought of a few years ago. Just like Rolo Tomassi in the movie L.A. Confidential. He's a come out of nowhere, super human, clown overachiever, phenom derived from their Hilton Magic, we hate you more than you hate us, Beat Iowa!!, Jamie Pollard-Paul Rhoads ***-clown, rah-rah, b.s. mindset (Actually, I thought of Pembrick Jummerly because it just sounds like a typical, lame clown name. They always seem to have someone on their roster whose first or last name sounds like it.)
We've seen this same scenario time after time. On paper, Iowa is a 3 touchdown favorite and the clowns look terrible leading up to the game. But then, enter Pembrick Jummerly. He'll account for at least 13 points on his own. If not for a miracle one-handed interception by B.J. Lowery last year, Pembrick Jummerly was ready to take over (he must have been back in our locker room stealing something at the moment). Why did Mike Gesell miss his free throws down the stretch last year? Pembrick Jummerly. Why did Brad Banks fumble in the '02 game? Pembrick Jummerly. Who keyed my car and ripped my Iowa bumper sticker during the game the last time the clowns were in Iowa City? Pembrick Jummerly. I could go on. John Neal? Steel Jantz? No, Pembrick Jummerly. We all know exactly who he is, I just finally named him.

A t-shirt would be cool:
Beat State
(and Pembrick Jummerly)

I ******* HATE Pembrick Jummerly!

A t-shirt would be cool:
Beat State
(and Pembrick Jummerly)

Ummm...Ok. I believe they are playing "guess what random drug I just took" over in the general football forum. You and Pembrick may have more fun over there. Pembrick doesn't have a brother named Ruprick, does he? "Ruprick, do I need to get the genital cuffs?"

A t-shirt would be cool:
Beat State
(and Pembrick Jummerly)

This is so true. If you step back, Iowa State has absolutely SUCKED in football for over 100 years. But yet, somehow, they find a way to beat Iowa with amazing regularity.

I think this year Ferentz and the Hawks unleash hell (and take out a little frustration) on the Clowns. Iowa 42 Clowns 14

I think that the game will not be as close as you guys are saying. ISU is really down this year and the bad news keeps coming. There are only three games that they have a chance to keep close: Iowa, KU and Toledo. By close I mean to within 30. A turnaround would be quite the feat.

A t-shirt would be cool:
Beat State
(and Pembrick Jummerly)

Boise +100 .... nail this Bemprick Hummerly to his locker, cause he always somehow shows up.

Starting a RS freshman on the offensive line? Oh this just gets better and better. Put him on LTP's side. That will be fun to watch!

This is so true. If you step back, Iowa State has absolutely SUCKED in football for over 100 years. But yet, somehow, they find a way to beat Iowa with amazing regularity.

I think this year Ferentz and the Hawks unleash hell (and take out a little frustration) on the Clowns. Iowa 42 Clowns 14

Not entirely true. Iowa State was awesome in 1911 when they were co-champions of the Missouri Valley. I fully believe that even Pembrick can't help the Clowns this time around. Hawks roll 38-3.

Not entirely true. Iowa State was awesome in 1911 when they were co-champions of the Missouri Valley. I fully believe that even Pembrick can't help the Clowns this time around. Hawks roll 38-3.

That was 103 years ago.

(you just pushed G-8 ... "if you like pina coladas ...")

There's no reason Iowa wouldn't beat the Psyclowns by 20 at home. The only thing that would stop that is Kirk getting a lead then sitting on it. Oh wait that happens with great regularity now! Ok now I'm worried.

Latest posts