More ads with sound

TwinCitiesHawk

Weaksauce
So I've been getting more ads with sound again. Pretty much every time I load a new page, if I let it sit there for more than a minute, I get a blaring ad that I can mute on an individual basis, but they are loud again the next time.

Right now, it's an ad for Comcast.

Yeah, noticed that this afternoon..and contacted the vendor..I am trying out a new player, that is the reason...if I notice it keep happening over the weekend, we'll make the change.

One thing to note, if you drag your mouse over the video player, the sound will turn on.

Yeah, noticed that this afternoon..and contacted the vendor..I am trying out a new player, that is the reason...if I notice it keep happening over the weekend, we'll make the change.

One thing to note, if you drag your mouse over the video player, the sound will turn on.

I've noticed that but it's weird that I'll be on a different tab (Chrome) and it will just all of a sudden turn on. I haven't figured out why, however.

So I've been getting more ads with sound again. Pretty much every time I load a new page, if I let it sit there for more than a minute, I get a blaring ad that I can mute on an individual basis, but they are loud again the next time.

Right now, it's an ad for Comcast.

The sound ads on HN are becoming more frequent than a VintageHawkeye post, and are just about as annoying.

Sorry Jon, but I had to go and install adblock in firefox since the sound ads were popping up for me also and I was also experiencing my browser frequently locking up due to them. I know the ads are what pay for the site and you have to feed your children, but if I can't read the site due to my browser locking up I won't be coming here anyway. I don't want to go back to Scout's site as I like this one much better. So if they fix it I'll let the ads back on so you can go back to making Sprewell money and feed your kids.

The sound ads on HN are becoming more frequent than a VintageHawkeye post, and are just about as annoying.

Is it a coincidence that these ads pop up now that Vintage is leaving? I think not. Less posts mean you need to go to the money ads....

Vin is ruining our lives and he doesn't even know it.

Yesterday, I couldn't even pause or turn of the adds so just had to mute the computer. Today, they they just start randomly after a few minutes but I'm at least able to pause them.

When people encounter ads with sound, please note what company it is, and if you can, take a screen shot of the player when its making the sound, so I can pass it along and get things identified.

The Total College Sports is the only sound add that I get but it also locks up my browser.

Latest posts