Monday Night 9:15pm EJ Tweet: New Commit

In looking back through my commit files going back to 1999, I don't recall Iowa having this many commits before the end of April. In 2010, they had all but three members of their class signed before November ended, which was abnormal.

The 2005 class had 5 commits before the end of June. But I think 2013 class, with 6 commits before the end of April, might take the cake for the quickest start..then again, the recruiting commitment calendar has really accelerated in recent years.

In looking back through my commit files going back to 1999, I don't recall Iowa having this many commits before the end of April. In 2010, they had all but three members of their class signed before November ended, which was abnormal.

The 2005 class had 5 commits before the end of June. But I think 2013 class, with 6 commits before the end of April, might take the cake for the quickest start..then again, the recruiting commitment calendar has really accelerated in recent years.

I think this is the biggest factor, not necessarily the coaches. It seems kids want to get the process over with so they can focus on their final high school season.

Just keepin up with the Jones

I think this is the biggest factor, not necessarily the coaches. It seems kids want to get the process over with so they can focus on their final high school season.

One of the reasons kids want to get it over with is because they are getting offered earlier from the schools as well as the incessant calls from coaches and recruiting services. I'd want to get it over with, too.

One of the reasons kids want to get it over with is because they are getting offered earlier from the schools as well as the incessant calls from coaches and recruiting services. I'd want to get it over with, too.

I don't know how guys like Howe, Kakert, and Worly do it. Every time a new EJ tweet shows up they have to make around 20 calls to all the possible recruits. I'm assuming for the recruits it would get annoying after a while.