Monday Newstand (links)

Awesome read - LA Times: One play can turn the tide of a college football season

ESPN (Rittenberg): Hawks soar to No. 4 in BCS Standings

AP - Don't discount unheralded and unbeaten Iowa

Kinda Funny - San Fran Chronicle: No. 8 Hawkeyes still not pierced yet
Since we are late with the respect for Iowa, we are going to pour it on: With road wins at Penn State, Wisconsin and Iowa State, the Hawkeyes have a better resume than Florida, Alabama and Texas. In fact, Iowa's opponents have a .633 winning percentage (38-22) - much better than Florida's and Texas' .520 (26-24) and Alabama's .491 (28-29). Of course, now Iowa will lose to Indiana at home next week on Get Off My Bandwagon Sucker Saturday.

youtube video of Iowa-MSU final play...cool montage.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K47MmbKLfrs"]YouTube - 2009 Iowa Hawkeyes Epic Play vs Michigan State highlights[/nomedia]

Phenomenal reads from the L.A. Times.

I saw Jesse Palmer's smug mug on TV, and his poorly veiled disrespect towards Iowa irked me, too. However, this line from Chris Dufresne in the "Nobody Should be Ranked No. 1" article soothed my restless spirit: "Doing comparatives in college football is dangerous -- but sometimes it's all we have, and it's fun."

Let Palmer and others dissect Iowa's football team, and peel back the scabs on their flaws. I humbly recall being a doubter of tOSU in '02 when they made their miraculous run. I wished so badly that the Hawks could have taken their shot at the Bucks that year. My attitude then reminds me of Penn State fans now, who want a second swing at the Hawkeyes.

Fact: Iowa's 8-0, and neither Jesse Palmer, nor Penn State fans, can change change that.

Latest posts