Monday Morning CF Fredrick Update

If CFJ would want to play "while injured," I would guess I would want a coach to have some input into whether he can play or not, and not let the player and doctors make the decision without him.

If the doctors clear him and CJ says he’s feeling good enough to play. The doctors say there’s no further risk if injury, the coach will play him. Then, the coach will decide how effective the player is performing or does something to hurt it again. Of course the coach is in the process. It’s up to the doctors and CJ to tell the coach is he can play.

If the doctors clear him and CJ says he’s feeling good enough to play. The doctors say there’s no further risk if injury, the coach will play him. Then, the coach will decide how effective the player is performing or does something to hurt it again. Of course the coach is in the process. It’s up to the doctors and CJ to tell the coach is he can play.
I hope he is able to play, he makes Iowa much more dangerous and will limit the times when anyone wants to collapse on Garza. I like him a lot as a player. I hope playing too early doesn't limit his healing, however.

What does this mean: I think he'll come back at some point

As in....there's a chance he might be out for the year? Really weird quote.

What does this mean: I think he'll come back at some point

As in....there's a chance he might be out for the year? Really weird quote.

well Fran said last week "If we have to shut him down for the year we will" and also "it doesn't look good" ..... so, "I think he'll come back at some point" seems to suggest that what he sold last week (which was CJ could be done for the year) might have been premature.

well Fran said last week "If we have to shut him down for the year we will" and also "it doesn't look good" ..... so, "I think he'll come back at some point" seems to suggest that what he sold last week (which was CJ could be done for the year) might have been premature.

When he said "shut him down" I think it was insinuated that he meant for the year. Not sure that's what he ever meant. There's a lot of time left in the year to miss it all over a stress reaction.

When he said "shut him down" I think it was insinuated that he meant for the year. Not sure that's what he ever meant. There's a lot of time left in the year to miss it all over a stress reaction.

yeah geez I didnt even realize that was on the table. I assumed he miss a couple games or 3 weeks max.

Update.

Saw on JBo’s Instagram story a picture of Iowa getting shots up at NW last night. CJF was on the court shooting.

Also another interesting thing I’ll note is Pat was out there too. From what I gathered Pat has pretty much been practicing this whole time. It’s clear he’s not going to play this year, but the fact that he’s practicing is a good thing.

Update.

Saw on JBo’s Instagram story a picture of Iowa getting shots up at NW last night. CJF was on the court shooting.

Also another interesting thing I’ll note is Pat was out there too. From what I gathered Pat has pretty much been practicing this whole time. It’s clear he’s not going to play this year, but the fact that he’s practicing is a good thing.
Was he in a boot?

No reason to rush CJ back for tonight. If we can't beat NW without him then we might as well shut it down for the season. I can't handle another Nebraska game.

No reason to rush CJ back for tonight. If we can't beat NW without him then we might as well shut it down for the season. I can't handle another Nebraska game.

I kinda see it the opposite way. We can't afford to lose this game. Play him if possible and sit him for the road games we have almost no chance of winning. The problem with that is there isnt another one of those for about 3 weeks. I'm guessing if he's not in a boot, there's a really good chance he's ready to play.

Update.

great catch

I kinda see it the opposite way. We can't afford to lose this game. Play him if possible and sit him for the road games we have almost no chance of winning. The problem with that is there isnt another one of those for about 3 weeks. I'm guessing if he's not in a boot, there's a really good chance he's ready to play.

Play him about half of what you might normally do, or even less, to see how the foot holds up.

Latest posts