Moeaki "manhandled Yellow Jackets star defensive end Derrick Morgan more than once"

Re: Moeaki "manhandled Yellow Jackets star defensive end Derrick Morgan more than onc

this is even better:

"If we can keep this guy going in the direction he's going, we've got something,'' Haley said. "He's a football player now. In all areas. He's got a great feel for the game. He can catch the ball and he does things as a route runner that I've been trying to get receivers to do for 10 years

You think Tony received decent coaching at Iowa? I recall watching Hard Knocks with the Bengals and Chase Coffman who almost came here, was just getting hammered for not having any fundamentals or technique for a tight end, Jonathan Hayes was disgusted. Its no wonder top flight kids want to come here. I read some posters on a Michigan board today bemoaning the fact the OL that committed to us today turned down the all powerful program that is Michigan. While they screamed negative recruiting they don't realize there is no need to recruit negatively at Iowa, all you have to do is look at the results of the past 10 years.

great start for Moeaki, best of luck to him!

Re: Moeaki "manhandled Yellow Jackets star defensive end Derrick Morgan more than onc

this is even better:

"If we can keep this guy going in the direction he's going, we've got something,'' Haley said. "He's a football player now. In all areas. He's got a great feel for the game. He can catch the ball and he does things as a route runner that I've been trying to get receivers to do for 10 years

You think Tony received decent coaching at Iowa? I recall watching Hard Knocks with the Bengals and Chase Coffman who almost came here, was just getting hammered for not having any fundamentals or technique for a tight end, Jonathan Hayes was disgusted. Its no wonder top flight kids want to come here. I read some posters on a Michigan board today bemoaning the fact the OL that committed to us today turned down the all powerful program that is Michigan. While they screamed negative recruiting they don't realize there is no need to recruit negatively at Iowa, all you have to do is look at the results of the past 10 years.

great start for Moeaki, best of luck to him!

The kids looking to compete for national championships may be dissappointed with Iowa (more often than not, anyway), but if they want to play in the NFL (and be successful), this is one of the best places to come. NFL GM's and coaches know that Iowa players are safe picks because they are rarely raw. They always have good to great technique, and have great instincts.

OL and TE are two postitions where we should have no need to really recruit. The OL is our bread and butter, no doubt. But the list of TE's we've put in the League is impressive, both in quantity and quality.

Dallas Clark, Tony Jackson, Tony Moeaki, Scott Chandler, Brandon Myers, Marv Cook, and I'm sure many more (I'm too tired to do the due diligence and look all of it up).

I just had my Moeaki jersey in the mail on Friday. Go Chiefs!