Mizzou Thinking of bolting

ND is more likely to go to the Big 12 than the Big 10. In the Big 12, they can have their own TV network...further, they have asserted that they won't join a league with more than 12 teams.

Man you are delusional. If they arent joining the Big 10, they arent joining any conference. Its as simple as that

Since you are defending the rumor I will assume that you created it, you are hereby sentenced to be tarred and feathered

Last edited:
See this is what im talking about. Mizzu isnt stupid, they know theyve been kicked around buy the big 12 for years and frankly are tired of it. Why wouldnt you want to get out of a conference that pushes a school with a worse win loss record then you to a more prestegious bowl game.

I can't blame them for wanting to get away from the Whorns, but they're still stupid. They obviously didn't learn from this last go-round that you don't make your intentions known to the world when you are negotiating to move to a different conference. They didn't learn to keep their Tiger yap shut; this will end in disaster for them again.

ND is more likely to go to the Big 12 than the Big 10. In the Big 12, they can have their own TV network...further, they have asserted that they won't join a league with more than 12 teams.

Notre Dame likes to recruit in Texas, they played a game in Texas last year in San Antonio. They would have a chance to dominate the Big 12 North, which would be appealing. But they have played Michigan, Michigan State, and Purdue for many years, and they have a huge fan base in Chicago. But then again, nothing would surprise me at this point.

"Much like the rumors of ISU getting $17 mil in a new TV contract."
Well, to start with, that's not a rumor. Its a projection drawn from talks with the networks after NU/CU's departure.

Also, over the next few years ND is now adding games with Baylor and Oklahoma.y By no means am I saying its a done deal, or even close, but it is becoming a serious consideration that ND and Arkansas may end up in the Big 12.

Last edited:
Mizzou is probably staying but as of right now there are not "heavy penalties" to leave. ND going to the Big 12 has less than a 0% chance of happening. Whoever came up with that rumor should be tarred and feathered

Can you help me understand what "less than 0%" even means?

Sorry, but dumb statement comes to mind. Right up there with "I am going to give 150%". Unless you're talking about a tangible benchmark, such a statement is intelligible.

Well, to start with, that's not a rumor. Its a projection drawn from talks with the networks after NU/CU's departure.

Also, over the next few years ND is now adding games with Baylor and Oklahoma.y By no means am I saying its a done deal, or even close, but it is becoming a serious consideration that ND and Arkansas may end up in the Big 12.

I would agree with you that if more expansion happens they will have to do something. They play 34 games against BCS teams in the next 4 years. Would you take Arkansas and Memphis? Memphis is offering the $, plus it is a destination town with good basketball. How about Houston? They are huge, have $, and a strong tradition.

ND cannot support their own network. They don't have a local region like Texas does, where all the demand is concentrated. ND's fanbase is dispersed across the US. With such dispersion they cannot "force" cable network to purchase their network, especially on basic cable, where the money is.

Additionally, nobody, including ND fans, care about any ND sport but football and all their games are already on basic cable nationwide.

I though you have more insight than this Mesa.

Last edited:

The big 12 was a blink away from being nonexistent and now you think a team like ND would rather join the texas conference than the Big Ten. You're really reaching for reasons to be proud of the texas conference.

Can you help me understand what "less than 0%" even means?

Sorry, but dumb statement comes to mind. Right up there with "I am going to give 150%". Unless you're talking about a tangible benchmark, such a statement is intelligible.

Ok mr literal guy, it was sarcasm. Of course, technically there isnt anything less than 0%. Thanks for pointing that out for me. Let me rephrase: There is a 0% chance that Notre Dame is joininf the inequitable Big 12

LOL

serious consideration huh?

I am too lazy to find links but I am wondering what the chances of Misery and possibly Kansas to the SEC. There are some articles out there (mostly the columbia newspaper) that say Mizzou is entertaining thoughts of the SEC.

I am too lazy to offer an opinion. :D

all ten teams that are in the current big XII aren't going anywhere.

"We all signed an agreement that we'd be here 10 years and if some things happen -- and I think they will happen, I prefer not go into it until it does -- if some other things happen, it could be longer," Perkins told AOL FanHouse. "Right now my understanding is it's 10 years."

perkins has no reason to blow smoke. he has already announced his retirement.

ND and Arkansas aren't going anywhere. the agreement with the big XII (largely with texas) is that they want ten teams. the pieces of the pie are bigger with ten than with twelve.

all ten teams that are in the current big XII aren't going anywhere.

"We all signed an agreement that we'd be here 10 years and if some things happen -- and I think they will happen, I prefer not go into it until it does -- if some other things happen, it could be longer," Perkins told AOL FanHouse. "Right now my understanding is it's 10 years."

perkins has no reason to blow smoke. he has already announced his retirement.

ND and Arkansas aren't going anywhere. the agreement with the big XII (largely with texas) is that they want ten teams. the pieces of the pie are bigger with ten than with twelve.

But Crab, didnt you hear that it is under serious consideration that ND was joining???

mesaclone i have a severe toothache, can you get me some of that **** your takeing. I kinda dont want to feel any pain right now.

Latest posts