MIZZOU all but gone from Big XII

VenturaAce

They are exploring all options. Can't blame them, I guess those Big XII AD's were not as tight as what Pollard thought and hoped...

Great deal for MIZZOU if SEC accepts them, which I think is a mere formality at this point.

They are exploring all options. Can't blame them, I guess those Big XII AD's were not as tight as what Pollard thought and hoped...

Great deal for MIZZOU if SEC accepts them, which I think is a mere formality at this point.

I heard that tune before with Texas and Oklahoma.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Why would they want to stay in a dysfunctional family when they could find viable home.

This whole scenario is going to repeat itself until the last attractive school finds a home.

i hate that the sec is right at our door step. i don't mind that the b12 is crumbling (still) but i do not like the SEC in the KC/STL market.

Why would they want to stay in a dysfunctional family when they could find viable home.This whole scenario is going to repeat itself until the last attractive school finds a home.

If the SEC took Missouri, I would have to agree with this statement. Too close for comfort. I have my doubts it will ever happen though.

I can't see Missouri accepting a 6 year commitment or 13 year commitment to the Big 12 with the uncertainty of what other conferences might do. The Big Ten will be re-evaluating membership in four more years. Why would you trap yourself into a long term arrangement knowing that? If rumors are true then grabbing an SEC offer is the proverbial "one in the hand is better than two in the bush".

The Big 12 problems are words that start with "T"; Texas and Trust. There are only four schools that are trustworthy; ISU, KSU, KS, Baylor. All the rest have flirted with the handsome boy down the road. The "Texas" problem is that other members are unable to stand up to the bully of the Big 12. Texas is already placing limitations on the number of conference teams before any resolutions on issues breaking apart the conference.

I heard that tune before with Texas and Oklahoma.

I'll believe it when I see it.

There are 2 big differences between this situation and the one with Texas/Oklahoma. One is the SEC is currently at 13 members and they won't stay at 13 while the PAC 12 can stay at 12 and number two, Missouri doesn't have the Tiger Network to try and work out details on that with the SEC.

Honestly as much as I hate seeing the SEC penetrate the B12 & Big Ten markets I cannot blame Missouri for making this move. They have already been turned down by the Big Ten once so waiting for that invite is not a smart move, the B12 is run by Texas and will always be 1 move away from falling apart. So Missouri got themselves a nice deal by getting into one of the big 4 conferences.

As a Iowa fan, and a fan of Big Ten sports, I really HATE seeing Missouri go to the SEC.

Texas has set the path of distruction with their greed and to expect that this late game hail mary Texas revenue sharing plan is going to keep the current conference together is wishful thinking. The individual teams are going to look to their own best interests and jump when the opportunity surfaces.
If Oklahoma leaves the conference then their is no one to challenge Texas either on the field or in the meeting room.

They're terrible and don't bring enough to the conference. Plus, the BT can't add just one team, so if mizzou is added, they'll have to add another team, who'll bring even less. Big Ten teams will lose money. Good luck to the SEC with their expansion - I don't know that it'll make them money.

I can't wait to see them get slaughtered every week in the SEC. At least they'll be able to look forward to epic battles with Vanderbilt and Ole' Miss.

They're terrible and don't bring enough to the conference. Plus, the BT can't add just one team, so if mizzou is added, they'll have to add another team, who'll bring even less. Big Ten teams will lose money. Good luck to the SEC with their expansion - I don't know that it'll make them money.

We've been over this a number of times. Missouri brings the Kansas City market & St Louis market to the BTN. Iowa would not get any less money from TV revenues with Missouri in the conference. Missouri is a solid academic, an AAU member, and is solid athletically. Iowa would then have the luxury of rivals in each direction of our borders.

What else do you got?

Latest posts