Mitch Keppy???

With some holes on the defensive line in the next couple of years, does Mitch play the DL for us?

No. However, I wouldn't be shocked if some of the DL-recruits from the '12 recruiting class find themselves in a position where they might earn early playing time.

Of the guys who we're actively recruiting (and who we have a chance to land), I'd say that J. Johnson (already an Iowa commit), Lohn, Curry, and Ekakatie are all the type of guys who could potentially contribute right away.

Keppy has a ways to go even offensively (which from what I could tell last Friday night was his best position). He should have physically man-handled every lineman he faced, as i doubt there were any lineman over 220, but took a lot of plays off, stood straight up and down, his stance also indicated whether or not it would be a pass or a run. Granted most of the kids he was facing were 6 foot or under its hard to get under that when you are 6 5, but he still needs more knee bend. That being said, Iowa's been able to produce OLineman, and he doesn't have the quality of coaches at his high school that will be provided with Iowa, and I'm sure they will get on him about what needs corrected.

Latest posts