Missouri looking to add 4K more seats...

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
to their FB stadium..current capacity is 71,001

Here is their avg attendance over last 5 years, the glory years of Mizzou football:

2011: 62,531
2010: 61,579
2009: 64,120
2008: 64,250
2007: 60,252

Whoa...and they are going to add 4k more seats in this first phase saying they want to get to 80k in final phase? you only make that sort of jump if you are 100% of capacity for years on end with thousands of unmet season tix apps on an annual basis.

There are some that call for Iowa to expand Kinnick. No way. Not until there are 5K unmet season tix apps every year...and even then, it's not a no brainer.

Instead of increasing capacity when there isn't a demand for the current available seating they could install a larger scoreboard to fill in some of the empty space.

to their FB stadium..current capacity is 71,001

Here is their avg attendance over last 5 years, the glory years of Mizzou football:

2011: 62,531
2010: 61,579
2009: 64,120
2008: 64,250
2007: 60,252

Whoa...and they are going to add 4k more seats in this first phase saying they want to get to 80k in final phase? you only make that sort of jump if you are 100% of capacity for years on end with thousands of unmet season tix apps on an annual basis.

There are some that call for Iowa to expand Kinnick. No way. Not until there are 5K unmet season tix apps every year...and even then, it's not a no brainer.

Yea, I was making this point about Mizzou fans just the other day. My father and brother would kill me for saying that. But, to be fair, their glory days were really in the 1960s under Dan Devine.

Maybe they're taking the Field of Dreams approach. I could see MO's attendance possibly spiking the first few years, but unless they're more than competitive in the SEC this seems like a questionable move at best.

Mizzou wants to play with the big boys. With new teams coming to town I am guessing they will have an easier time filling the stadium for the immediate future. However, when the "newness" wears off it will be tough for them to fill an 80,000 seat stadium.

I don't believe Missouri needs 80 k, however I am not sold on the notion that Iowa can not handle an additional 5,000.

the clowns have a tough time beating b12 teams scorpio.
you-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka.jpg

I was in St Louis last week and on the news they showed clips of Pinkel talking about the move to the SEC. They also mentioned all of the SEC home games at Mizzou are already sold out for this season.

Iowa could handle an additional 5k seats. I think they should definitely go to 75-76k. You never want to leave money on the table, especially when you are talking about additional sales over future decades.

Latest posts