Missouri, Big 12 and TV games

HawkI1969

I saw something online today where Missouri announced that 2 of its nonconference games (McNeese State and San Diego State) will be televised on pay-per-view only (for $40!), and a third nonconference game (Miami, Ohio) won't be on TV at all, even PPV.

So a program that likes to portray itself as a rising national power (and not a one-year fluke, as obviously was the case) will have 25 percent of its games not available on free TV.

I don't know if that says more about Missouri or more about the Big 12's TV deal, but it tells me that both are pretty minor-league when it comes to the college football scene. Excepting Texas and OU, of course.

I saw something online today where Missouri announced that 2 of its nonconference games (McNeese State and San Diego State) will be televised on pay-per-view only (for $40!), and a third nonconference game (Miami, Ohio) won't be on TV at all, even PPV.

So a program that likes to portray itself as a rising national power (and not a one-year fluke, as obviously was the case) will have 25 percent of its games not available on free TV.

I don't know if that says more about Missouri or more about the Big 12's TV deal, but it tells me that both are pretty minor-league when it comes to the college football scene. Excepting Texas and OU, of course.

It's the Big 12 TV deal. Nebraska's first two games are PPV $40.00 telecasts (but thankfully in HD this year) as well as and probably it's final non-confernece game will be PPV as well.

Cann't wait for next year and not have to worry about PPV games anymore.

Last edited:

You saw correctly

Two Missouri football games will be on pay-per-view - Columbia Missourian

Once again the BigXII kicks Missouri and its fans in the stones.

It's the Big 12 TV deal. Nebraska's first two games are PPV telecasts as well as and probably it's final non-confernece game will be PPV as well.

Didn't Nebraska even have a game that wasn't televised at all last year?

Didn't Nebraska even have a game that wasn't televised at all last year?

all games last year were televised, either on PPV, ABC, ESPN, FSN, or Versus. There was one game (VA Tech) that was reversed mirrored on ESPN and another (Kansas) that was on WOI 5.2.

Latest posts