Minny turning into ISU

Well First of all Floyd was from Iowa originally. Wiki it and you can read all about it...including how yes you won that bet for the pig. 2ND yes once upon a time before teams passed the ball Minny was all powerful in football....how have you been lately? You may lead the overall series but Floyd has gotten to be pretty confortable in it's favorite home as Iowa has gone 25- 15 the last 40 years including the goal post extrabaganza. Your goal posts are happier in Iowa City too btw. Twice Iowa has won 5 straight in this stretch which Minny hasnt done since the 70s. Iowa has won 3 of 4 as well. So if we want to go off why Floyd is now home...there is your answer. We won this year too. Mic drop!

As one who lives in the Twin Cities....if they're nothing else, Minnesotans are predictable. The same old comebacks, the same excuses, and the same insecurities when it comes to their sports teams. They resent everybody from surrounding states, love to frame themselves as tolerant yet are as judgemental and snarky toward their neighbors as anywhere I've lived...and they love to tout the "Minnesota nice" thing...which is complete B.S. It's classic passive-aggressive.

The city has a lot of nice benefits and when it's not cold, Minnesota is a beautiful state. But many of the people are walking stereo-types. The idea that "the big city" makes them sophisticates is a crock. There are many urban elements, but just as many rube-like cliche's. Get 30 minutes outside the city of Minneapolis, and it might as well not exist.

Next time a Goopher fan plays the "there so much more to do" card...ask 'em what they did on gameday. You'll probably get a blank stare.... Bluff called.

Last edited:
As one who lives in the Twin Cities....if they're nothing else, Minnesotans are predictable. The same old comebacks, the same excuses, and the same insecurities when it comes to their sports teams. They resent everybody from surrounding states, love to frame themselves as tolerant yet are as judgemental and snarky toward their neighbors as anywhere I've lived...and they love to tout the "Minnesota nice" thing...which is complete B.S. It's classic passive-aggressive.

The city has a lot of nice benefits and when it's not cold, Minnesota is a beautiful state. But many of the people are walking stereo-types. The idea that "the big city" makes them sophisticates is a crock. There are many urban elements, but just as many rube-like cliche's. Get 30 minutes outside the city of Minneapolis, and it might as well not exist.

Next time a Goopher fan plays the "there so much more to do" card...ask 'em what they did on gameday. You'll probably get a blank stare.... Bluff called.

I live in MN too...and if you kick the goll damn Twin Cities out of the the state, THEN you have a very scenic, friendly state.
I really despise the cities. So many more beautiful, serene places to see in MN besides that rat race.

I live in MN too...and if you kick the goll damn Twin Cities out of the the state, THEN you have a very scenic, friendly state.
I really despise the cities. So many more beautiful, serene places to see in MN besides that rat race.

Harmony Park comes to mind. I'll give Minneapolis downtown a nod but the place is frozen 9 mo's out of the year.

Latest posts