Minney got beat

Now the scramble will really be on for the 11-seed.

Don't tell me for a minute these teams don't know Iowa's recent history vs double-digit seeds in this tourney.

Doesn’t matter. That double digit seed that gets to play Iowa is salivating at that opportunity. Easiest path to Friday.

Doesn’t matter. That double digit seed that gets to play Iowa is salivating at that opportunity. Easiest path to Friday.

Laughing that you and Northside posted the same thing. Law of averages might finally play out here and Iowa goes on an unexpected run. Would love to see that.

Laughing that you and Northside posted the same thing. Law of averages might finally play out here and Iowa goes on an unexpected run. Would love to see that.
Just have to start making threes. Tired legs struggle to make outside shots. And they struggle to get to shooters. Go Hawks!

Everyone wants to play Iowa right now
My prediction is that Rutgers will get chance, provided they take care of business on Wednesday against Northwestern. And if I were an Iowa player I would be so pissed by game time I'd barely be able to see straight. Blowing them out wouldn't even be a discussion.

I've brought up 1987 Maui classic in past. The entire tournament had been chippy, poorly officiated. The intentional foul rule was new that year among other things. Iowa played Villanova in the championship game. Early in the game, Villanova's Kenny Wilson swung a vicious elbow at Roy Marble that would easily be a flagrant two today and opened up an eight stitch gash above Marble's eye then. It also opened up something else-the floodgates on Villanova. Iowa was down eight when the incident happened. The won by 23. Villanova was throwing the ball all over the place and Ed Horton and Kent Hill were grabbing every rebound in sight.

That's how you take anger out on an opponent.

My prediction is that Rutgers will get chance, provided they take care of business on Wednesday against Northwestern. And if I were an Iowa player I would be so pissed by game time I'd barely be able to see straight. Blowing them out wouldn't even be a discussion.

I've brought up 1987 Maui classic in past. The entire tournament had been chippy, poorly officiated. The intentional foul rule was new that year among other things. Iowa played Villanova in the championship game. Early in the game, Villanova's Kenny Wilson swung a vicious elbow at Roy Marble that would easily be a flagrant two today and opened up an eight stitch gash above Marble's eye then. It also opened up something else-the floodgates on Villanova. Iowa was down eight when the incident happened. The won by 23. Villanova was throwing the ball all over the place and Ed Horton and Kent Hill were grabbing every rebound in sight.

Agreed....if Iowa plays Rutgers again, it would be a good opportunity to beat that team shitless.

This team needs a Kent Hill, Ed Horton, James Winters guy. Pemsl can fill this role the next 2 years. That’s why I think he’s part of the rotation next year. Every team needs an enforcer IMO.

Agreed....if Iowa plays Rutgers again, it would be a good opportunity to beat that team shitless.
Rutgers plays a lot of big slow guys. Those types of players often struggle in back to back games. But they’re brutes. We have to hope the refs are calling fouls...unlikely...or make some shots. And we need Rutgers to shoot like Rutgers.