Minnesota is hot

NikeHawk21

Currently 11-21 on 3s today against NW.

18-35 on 3s in their prior game against Nebraska scoring 107 points.

I know those aren’t great teams but confidence is a pretty funny thing when it comes to shooting the basketball (ask Joe W).

Scary game tomorrow IMO.

I don’t like Iowa in this position. Beating a team 3x in one season is very difficult. Iowa is 0-4 as a 5 seed. Fran is just 4-9 in BTT. Throw in no fans tomorrow and Gophers getting hot...gulp.

I don’t know for sure as I didn’t catch whole conversation on air but think someone asked about the 3x in one season stat and think they found out Iowa is 3-17 in BTT overall when playing a team for 3rd time. That can’t be right though can it???

I'm never confident in the BTT under Fran but who knows what will happen. Tough to take too much from them beating a Nebraska team with like 5 scholarship players left and a really bad Northwestern team.

I don’t like Iowa in this position. Beating a team 3x in one season is very difficult. Iowa is 0-4 as a 5 seed. Fran is just 4-9 in BTT. Throw in no fans tomorrow and Gophers getting hot...gulp.

I don’t know for sure as I didn’t catch whole conversation on air but think someone asked about the 3x in one season stat and think they found out Iowa is 3-17 in BTT overall when playing a team for 3rd time. That can’t be right though can it???

I would love to know the stat on winning percentage of teams facing a team they are 2-0 against in the season. I would bet my life it's better than 50% win percentage. The reason it's hard to beat a team 3 times in a year is because it's hard to beat a team 2 times in a year and then happen to play them a 3rd time. We don't have to beat Minnesota 3 times tomorrow. We have to beat them once.

I don't like this matchup at all. Bracing myself for massive disappointment. A rematch vs Illinois would be so awesome that there's no way the gods allow it

I guess the better question may be how do these teams fair in scrimmages? I'm just not looking forward to seeing empty arenas with no fans for an entire tourney. Just doesn't feel like real basketball to me. That said, it will be interesting to see if they seat the announcers at the scorers table so everyone on the court and both benches can hear exactly what they're saying. Probably will come off like everyone there is mic'd up.

I feel sorry for whomever has to hit the bleep button during the broadcast. With no crowd noise, the play by play microphones are going to pick up every f bomb and insult that coaches yell at the refs throughout the whole game.

I would love to know the stat on winning percentage of teams facing a team they are 2-0 against in the season. I would bet my life it's better than 50% win percentage. The reason it's hard to beat a team 3 times in a year is because it's hard to beat a team 2 times in a year and then happen to play them a 3rd time. We don't have to beat Minnesota 3 times tomorrow. We have to beat them once.

From a year or so ago ...